Jump to content

Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!


  • Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#691 grandstreet11

grandstreet11
  • Site Supporter
  • 22 posts

    Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

    Oops repost.  Deleted.



    #692 ergalv31

    ergalv31
    • Newbie
    • 15 posts

      Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

      We are getting married on 12/10/10 and I was having the same issue about ceremony music. We don't want to spend too much extra money if we don't have to. I emailed Yamina about if we could provide our own music/playlist. She said that we could bring a pre-mixed CD or ipod and they will provid the sound system for us. The only thing I am still unsure about is who will be manning the sound system during the cermony to que the right songs. I plan on sending her another email to get some more details. I hopes this helps to answer your question.



      #693 HoustonBride10/31/10

      HoustonBride10/31/10
      • Newbie
      • 37 posts

        Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:01 AM


         

        Originally Posted by ergalv31 

        We are getting married on 12/10/10 and I was having the same issue about ceremony music. We don't want to spend too much extra money if we don't have to. I emailed Yamina about if we could provide our own music/playlist. She said that we could bring a pre-mixed CD or ipod and they will provid the sound system for us. The only thing I am still unsure about is who will be manning the sound system during the cermony to que the right songs. I plan on sending her another email to get some more details. I hopes this helps to answer your question.


        Hi there,

        I am also planning on bringing my own playlist for the dinner (we're have a guitarist for the ceremony), but I believe that if you use the resort's sound system there is a $500 charge... just wanted to make sure you were aware. Maybe there is no charge for the sound system for the ceremony but there is for the reception? Just wanted to make sure you aren't hit with an unexpected charge at the end of your stay... I am planning to bring my own ipod speakers to avoid that fee.



        #694 ergalv31

        ergalv31
        • Newbie
        • 15 posts

          Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

          Hi! Thanks for the heads up. I emailed Yamina this morning about the sound system for the ceremony and it is free to use. They do charge you however to use it for the reception so I will definatly bring a good ipod speaker system with us for the reception. I am also hoping that there is going to be some sort of entertainment with a live band that night so that we can head over there after dinner/reception. I have been reading these posts and I it is making me even more excited!! When is your wedding, is it on 10/31? 

          Thanks!

           

          Erin



          #695 HoustonBride10/31/10

          HoustonBride10/31/10
          • Newbie
          • 37 posts

            Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:35 AM

            Great clarification, thanks! Yes, 10/31 at 5pm is my date - when is yours?

             

            I am getting really excited -- 15 guests so far! (I was expecting 6 so that's a real shock for me!)
             

            Originally Posted by ergalv31 

            Hi! Thanks for the heads up. I emailed Yamina this morning about the sound system for the ceremony and it is free to use. They do charge you however to use it for the reception so I will definatly bring a good ipod speaker system with us for the reception. I am also hoping that there is going to be some sort of entertainment with a live band that night so that we can head over there after dinner/reception. I have been reading these posts and I it is making me even more excited!! When is your wedding, is it on 10/31? 

            Thanks!

             

            Erin





            #696 ncarolinadaisy

            ncarolinadaisy
            • Newbie
            • 95 posts

              Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:05 PM


              Houston...I am only expecting 15 as well.  Are you doing a cocktail hour or a reception?  Or both?

              Originally Posted by HoustonBride10/31/10 

              Great clarification, thanks! Yes, 10/31 at 5pm is my date - when is yours?

               

              I am getting really excited -- 15 guests so far! (I was expecting 6 so that's a real shock for me!)
               


               



              October 28th 2010
              EPM Here We Come!!
              www.justproposed.com/benandmelissa/

              #697 HoustonBride10/31/10

              HoustonBride10/31/10
              • Newbie
              • 37 posts

                Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

                Hey Daisy!

                We are doing both the reception and cocktail hour -- the gold package -- I really wanted a mariachi band (at the cocktail hour) and all of these upgrades, so financially that was smarter than all of my add-on's. Haven't been able to nail down my flower, cake and location choices yet -- so many choices - eek!

                 

                Does anyone know what the evening shows are Fri-Sun? I know Thursday is the fabulous Michael Jackson impersonator... trying to get some options together for my guests - most will be there Thursday through Monday.

                 


                 

                Originally Posted by ncarolinadaisy 


                Houston...I am only expecting 15 as well.  Are you doing a cocktail hour or a reception?  Or both?


                 




                #698 scrose

                scrose
                • Newbie
                • 34 posts

                  Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:48 PM

                  Hi ladies, I think I will also have around 15 guests (on 10/15/10)  and am doing a cocktail hour but then just making a dinner reservation at one of the restaurants that night.  We are on a really tight budget so I didn't want to pay for the upgrade...but I did kind of want the mariachi band!!  :)

                   

                  I also have most people coming in either Wed-Sun or Thurs-Sun so was wondering about the shows as well. 

                   

                  Also - one of my fiancee's sisters has a 16 and 13 year old and was considering staying off resort and then coming over for the day...I have emailed Yamina but haven't heard back yet...does anyone know anything about the policies for this? 

                   

                  I am also working on picking out music for the ceremony/cocktail hour (we are just doing sound system/ipod)...does anyone know how long of a walk it is from where ever we come from to the beach?  Don't want the song to drag on and just be standing there...

                   

                  Are most people doing the gazebo or the beach? Just curious...

                   

                  I have just about everything else finished up and am getting so excited!!  :)

                   



                  #699 Snickers

                  Snickers
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 193 posts

                    Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

                    No minors are allowed on the property at all.  If you even go on an excursion and a bus was to pick you up at the resort, they have to park outside and you will have to walk outside to get it.  They are very strict on adult only as that is the kind of guests they cater to there.  We only see children at the airport or on an excursion and that is the only time.

                     

                    I am doing the gazebo and it is quite a long aisle to go down and I would also assume when you do a beach wedding you are at the far end of the property to so you can have privacy.



                    #700 HoustonBride10/31/10

                    HoustonBride10/31/10
                    • Newbie
                    • 37 posts

                      Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

                      I am doing a beach wedding - just found some really cute flats to wear that I might just kick off when I hit the sand!

                       

                      I really hope they make an exception for your wedding for the kids to come over...please keep me posted -- so far I've told everyone that anyone under 18 isn't allowed on property.
                       

                      Originally Posted by scrose 

                      Hi ladies, I think I will also have around 15 guests (on 10/15/10)  and am doing a cocktail hour but then just making a dinner reservation at one of the restaurants that night.  We are on a really tight budget so I didn't want to pay for the upgrade...but I did kind of want the mariachi band!!  :)

                       

                      I also have most people coming in either Wed-Sun or Thurs-Sun so was wondering about the shows as well. 

                       

                      Also - one of my fiancee's sisters has a 16 and 13 year old and was considering staying off resort and then coming over for the day...I have emailed Yamina but haven't heard back yet...does anyone know anything about the policies for this? 

                       

                      I am also working on picking out music for the ceremony/cocktail hour (we are just doing sound system/ipod)...does anyone know how long of a walk it is from where ever we come from to the beach?  Don't want the song to drag on and just be standing there...

                       

                      Are most people doing the gazebo or the beach? Just curious...

                       

                      I have just about everything else finished up and am getting so excited!!  :)

                       








                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users