Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#2611 Kristen5469

Kristen5469
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

We used a travel agent and I loved her!!! It took so much stress off of us! We have 4 more days until we fly to Mexico and 7 more days until the wedding. Natalie (travel agent) has helped relieve so much stress. I was not planning on using a travel agent either but she did get us a better deal and has lots of connections with her agency.She has been great with the organization of rooms, flights, excursions, and transportation. I know that several friends and family members having been calling her instead of me with last minute questions over the last couple of days. I have loved knowing that she has taken care of all of the questions so that I could concentrated on getting packed and ready to leave.

With the lack of communication and overall helplessness of the wedding planner it has been wonderful having someone that I can count on. 

I attached her information in information you want to contact her. She has had plenty of experience with Excellence after booking our 60 perso wedding party. :)

Good Luck with everything!

Natalie Fichera

ficheran@libertytravel.com

Attached Files

#2612 Kristen5469

Kristen5469
    • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I have borrowed several lists and ideas so I though I would share what I ended up with.....

We are very excited to share this special celebration with you and look forward to spending an unforgettable vacation with our closest family and friends. Here are few things that we thought might be helpful when planning and packing.

·         Bring casual clothing for the day. The restaurants require long pants and dress/collared shirts for the gentlemen and pants or skirts/dresses for the ladies.  Dress shoes (no flip flops) in the restaurants.

·         For the wedding you should pack cocktail attire.

·         The temperature is estimated to be 72- 85 degrees during our stay.

·         Brandon is golfing early Thursday morning; if you would like to join him please let us know so that we can book accordingly. Reviews suggest taking extra balls.

·         A cab ride to Cancun, costs about $20-30 dollars each way.

·         Biking available and lots of walking trails at the resort.

·         The resort provides free wi-fi.

Packing Checklist

Passport

License

Money (cash/ATM cards/travelers checks) 

Contact credit card companies/bank to let them know you are leaving the country.

Shoes (flip-flops, dress, casual, sneakers)

Glasses / contacts/ contact solution

Sun hat / baseball hat

Swimsuit/ cover up

T-shirts/shorts/shirts/dresses/skirts/pants/sleepwear/undergarmets

Water shoes

Sun glasses

Binoculars

Camera/ charger

Phone/ charger

Video camera/charger

Laptop/iPod/charger

iPod and iPod dock

Hairdryer

aloe vera gel or spray

antibacterial wipes

lotion

hair spray/gel

hair brush

shampoo and conditioner

deodorant

face cleaner

razors/shaving gel

nail file/clippers

soap

sunscreen

toothbrush/ tooth paste/floss

zip lock bags

prescriptions

Medicine: aspirin/ gas relief/ antacid/ant diarrheal/antihistamine for allergies/band aids

Insect repellant (This is needed at nighttime according to reviews.)

Lip balm

Books/magazines

Golf attire

Golf shoes/balls/clubs

****We are giving out beach bags as a gift so they are not included on the list.

#2613 Rebecca1314

Rebecca1314
      • 30 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by bekahlee03 

What is the best way for us to book with our guest, thru the resort or thru a travel agent? I mentioned something to the resort about getting a special group rate and they said something about talking with a travel agent. I really didn't want to go thru one but if that is whats best I will. What are y'alls opinions?

We used a travel agent for everything and found it to be so much easier! I originally spoke with the resort directly, but I must tell you how slowly they respond sometimes! Our travel agent coordinated EVERYTHING for us and by doing it through her, people were able to make payments throughtout the course of a year instead of having to have the entire amount up front and she responded to questions quickly vs on "Island Time" ;). Also, she negotiated and coordinated group rates/free upgrades, transport for all of our guests from the airport, got group rates for airfare, and the chartered catamaran that we did as well as nightime trip to Cancun. My advise is just to make sure that your travel agent is RESPONSIVE. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me,

#2614 Rebecca1314

Rebecca1314
        • 30 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bekahlee03 

What is the best way for us to book with our guest, thru the resort or thru a travel agent? I mentioned something to the resort about getting a special group rate and they said something about talking with a travel agent. I really didn't want to go thru one but if that is whats best I will. What are y'alls opinions?

We used a travel agent for everything and found it to be so much easier! I originally spoke with the resort directly, but I must tell you how slowly they respond sometimes! Our travel agent coordinated EVERYTHING for us and by doing it through her, people were able to make payments throughtout the course of a year instead of having to have the entire amount up front and she responded to questions quickly vs on "Island Time" ;). Also, she negotiated and coordinated group rates/free upgrades, transport for all of our guests from the airport, got group rates for airfare, and the chartered catamaran that we did as well as nightime trip to Cancun. My advise is just to make sure that your travel agent is RESPONSIVE. 

#2615 maggiemiller

maggiemiller
          • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

As of today we have all guests booked and their flights and rooms are reserved.

#2616 soontobeorozco

soontobeorozco
            • Site Supporter
            • 58 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

past brides...How was the tableclothes and napkins that came with the package? Where they fine and not so much?

#2617 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
              • 200 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Have any past brides gotten certified copies of there marriage license? How? 

#2618 0413bride

0413bride
                • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

It's better to go through an agent because you get special discounts:)

#2619 bekahlee03

bekahlee03
                  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Thanks! Will definitely check them out!!!

#2620 bekahlee03

bekahlee03
                    • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Thanks will definitely check them out!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users