Jump to content
reevesbride

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Recommended Posts

Hi Brides! cheesy.gif

   Are you girls getting your hair and make-up done at the salon? I know it is included in my package, but I'm thinking I might just do it myself. I am a make-up guru and control freak. I like high quailty make-up, especially when photos are being taken.  Anyone know what kind of make-up is used? air burshed? humm.... Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by smo0ochz View Post

 

Hi Brides! cheesy.gif

   Are you girls getting your hair and make-up done at the salon? I know it is included in my package, but I'm thinking I might just do it myself. I am a make-up guru and control freak. I like high quailty make-up, especially when photos are being taken.  Anyone know what kind of make-up is used? air burshed? humm.... Thanks!!

I'm having my hair and makeup done at the resort. My wedding isn't until May 4, but I've sent countless messages to the spa! LOL

 

They use MAC makeup and it's traditional not airbrushing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone having their reception at the ceco terrace? Our wedding is going to be small probably max or 20 people. We arn't doing a full reception just a dinner I was thinking of having the fire show but its only about 30 min.  Any ideas for decorations or backgroun music? Is it worth paying to have a band or better to bring an ipod dock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by smo0ochz View Post

 

Hi Brides! cheesy.gif

   Are you girls getting your hair and make-up done at the salon? I know it is included in my package, but I'm thinking I might just do it myself. I am a make-up guru and control freak. I like high quailty make-up, especially when photos are being taken.  Anyone know what kind of make-up is used? air burshed? humm.... Thanks!!

 

I had my makeup and hair done at the salon and they did a fabulous job. All of my bridesmaids did as well. They primarily use Mac makeup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kfritz View Post

 

Is anyone having their reception at the ceco terrace? Our wedding is going to be small probably max or 20 people. We arn't doing a full reception just a dinner I was thinking of having the fire show but its only about 30 min.  Any ideas for decorations or backgroun music? Is it worth paying to have a band or better to bring an ipod dock?

 

We had ours at the CECO terrace with 20 people and it was perfect. We did the included 3 hr dinner/reception with an iPod doc. My husband created 2 playlist one for dinner and one for dance music. The 3 hrs fly by. For decoration we purchased maracas on Amos.com for each place setting with alittle card that said shake to see the groom kiss his bride. Everyone loved them! We did 2 per person but you could totally do 1 per person. I had place cards made and Llenny made the menu card. I also purchased table runners in lime green from Llenny for each table. I'll post pics when I get them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

amanda gardner what were your colors? That makes me feel better about the i pod dock. Was your dinner 3hrs with the dancing or without.  I'm trying to get it all figured out. My wedding is still a ways out, but because I've never been to this hotel and don't know anyone who has I'm a little stresed how things might turn out. I was thinking of doing thank you cards at each seting, but I like that you did menu cards.  Did you have to pay extra for the menu cards and did they match your decor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bridesmaids dresses were blue and then ribbons were lime green. I love color so I added more color at reception with maracas. The menu just had a calla Lilly as border which I used those as my flowers. I uploaded a pic for you. 

 

The dinner and dancing was 3 hrs. Try not to stress over it it will all turn out beautiful. When you get closer to your wedding you will get a planner that has everything detailed out. You will also sit down with coordinator to discuss all of your choices once your at resort. 

 

We had also never been to the resort this blog and pictures helped me tremendously snd one reason I did destination is for less stress, but if your not careful you can make it very stressful. 

 

Also when you email your coordinator just know it will most likely take several days to get a response, but once it's your turn and your day you have all of there attention. 

 

 

400

 

Originally Posted by kfritz View Post

amanda gardner what were your colors? That makes me feel better about the i pod dock. Was your dinner 3hrs with the dancing or without.  I'm trying to get it all figured out. My wedding is still a ways out, but because I've never been to this hotel and don't know anyone who has I'm a little stresed how things might turn out. I was thinking of doing thank you cards at each seting, but I like that you did menu cards.  Did you have to pay extra for the menu cards and did they match your decor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes me feel a lot better we just got invited out. Our wedding is oct 16 so I really do have lots of time. Did you do oot bags?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kfritz View Post

 

That makes me feel a lot better we just got invited out. Our wedding is oct 16 so I really do have lots of time. Did you do oot bags?

Yes I did but small. I did canvas bags with 2 maracas on it and playa Mujeres, Mexico 2013 in blue and lime green. Inside we did a beach ball, deck of cards shaped like a flip flop, candy bags, sunscreen, ibuprofen, and a bag of q-tips tied with lime green ribbon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×