• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

ok everyone....
    So I know I have a year away but I have no clue what color dresses I should have for my bridesmaids....Please help me! I just don't know....and if I can't figure it out now I KNOW I won't figure it out by the time the wedding get's closer.....UGG! Help me Please!

Wedding will either be a June or July in 2008 on a Friday....
    This is the picture of the flowers I want:
    Click the image to open in full size.

These are my bridesmaids:
    Renee and Cynthia (sisters) Cynthia is my matron of honor

Shelly (she is going to kill me for posting this up :) )

Vanessa

PLEASE HELP ME FIND A DRESS COLOR FOR THEM. I don't know what colors I want for wedding either...I know colorful, colors....I think I'm going to match the flowers.

Thanks girls for your help.
    Andrea

#2 SusanK

SusanK
    • VIP Member
    • 2,685 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

Don't freak out yet! I have 6 months to go, and haven't ordered BM dresses. I am also going with bright colors for bouquets (mainly fuschia and orange calla lilies). I want the dress to be a shade of bright blue (aqua/tourquoise). I have BM with all different skin tones and I think this is a color that will look good on both the palest and the darkest...and look nice with the beautiful blue of the Caribbean. Right now I'm looking at Jim Hjelm dresses in chiffon...he offers a lot of different styles that you can order in the same color and fabric. I like the light feel of chiffon, and it seems a little less formal, which is what I want for an outdoor DW. I'm letting my BM choose which style works best for them. I have 7 girls...all different shapes and sizes and ages...so I knew it was going to be next to impossible to find one style that worked for everyone. So all my BM will be in the same color and fabric, but all with slighty different dresses.

Anyway...point is...I think a brighter blue would look nice with your flowers...or possibly a light green (maybe without the orange roses).
      Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#3 MERRYME

MERRYME
      • 324 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

I would do the cranberry (it is almost fuscia but not quite) color of the ginger flowers. It will photograph incredibly. Most of your girls have brown hair and would look gorgeous in a cranberry color and I would let them choose the style just keep the color and maybe the fabric the same.
        Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
        22nd of December 2006

#4 NHPT

NHPT
        • 3,848 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

what about cream or sage dresses?
          Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

i'm really liking the idea of lime green and hot pink right now, both of which would look great with your bouquet...

#6 Debs

Debs
            • VIP Member
            • 7,104 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
              i'm really liking the idea of lime green and hot pink right now, both of which would look great with your bouquet...
              Those would look awesome!

#7 DreaW

DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

thanks girls...keep up the good work...getting lots of ideas....I love you girls
                andrea

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

I think a fuschia color would look great or maybe a creamsicle color

I really like bright colors for pictures, they look so great in pictures

#9 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,680 posts
                  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:21 PM

All your BMs are gorgeous so I think any color you pick will look great on them!!!! I think it's impossible to make everyone hapy though. That pic of the flowers looks stunning. I love those colors!!!! I'm going for those colors in flowers too I think.

here are some ideas (Im bored)

bah I was trying to find some pink or puple but I got frusterated...still not too good with this mac yet

#10 DreaW

DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:38 PM

Thank you thank you thank you melissa for examples

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users