Sign in to follow this  
SAM

It's Official- We have a new President

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfrommontreal View Post
As a Canadian I just want to say thank you to all Americans that made this happen.
Well said Josh--We could definitely feel the power & emotion up here in Canada when Obama was elected the new President!!
I shed a tear as this was such a powerful & historical night!!

I would be very proud to be an American right now! cheesy.gif

thewave.gif cheer2.gif smile124.gif

im another Canadian who was so proud of Obama winning! I cried last night watching his speech because this was something i didnt think that would happen for a long time! I am proud of Americans for voting for change :)

this is a wonderful day for our country - we have come together and changed history. i feel so proud that my future children will grow up in a nation that has more acceptance and tolerance than it did yesterday.

When I went to the polls yesterday, I had to take a picture of my vote. Through out the day, I kept looking at my phone and smiling. Then I spoke to my mother & she told me that my 90 yr old grandmother "rocked her vote" too! I think I smiled all day at that thought.

Last night was absolutely amazing. I don't think we slept more than 3 hours. We went to dinner with friends to watch the results & everyone was glued to the tv. On the way home, people were honking there horns & cheering.

When we got home, I just couldn't sleep. I didn't want to go to sleep & wake up & realize that I was dreaming.

I know that this is a day that I will never forget & I hope that for my children & in the future, that this will be something that is more common so to speak...that having an African-American president is only the beginning of "firsts" for our nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
does that leave only north caronlina undeclaired?
North Carolina & Missouri

Montana and Alaska went to McCain and Indiana to Obama. This was soooo close though when you look at each state individually.

I am so proud in this moment..humbled and looking forward to international and national healing. All it takes is incremental steps to change the world a day at a time. It will be a long upward battle but it is my hope that everyone can just reach out across party lines and accept, (not just tolerate) each other and work towards making america whole again.

As a first generation immigrant to the US who has lived the bigger part of my life here and I do consider myself 100% American, I feel extremely proud of our nation. I was very excited to vote in this historic election!!! Hurray for us and here's to hoping that the much needed change will come; sooner rather than later!