ACDCDCAC

Post Here if You Are Getting Married in Cabo!

Hi everyone!

My name is Crystal. I got engaged to my fiance Trey in November of 2010. We are having a long engagement and plan on getting marries in Los Cabos in November of 2012.

But of course I'm totally clueless on how to get started! I am particularly not interested in staying at a resort, so considering that I'm not sure how to go about a wedding in Cabo. I'm okay with having the wedding itself at a resort but if it's more cost effective to have it elsewhere I'd much prefer that! A terrace is what I am hoping for most, but the beach with a deck would be great as well.

Any tips or help is much appreciated! Getting married in Cabo makes me excited but nervous because I don't know anyone with experience getting married outside of a resort. undecided.gif

Originally Posted by cl2001 View Post

Hi everyone!

My name is Crystal. I got engaged to my fiance Trey in November of 2010. We are having a long engagement and plan on getting marries in Los Cabos in November of 2012.

But of course I'm totally clueless on how to get started! I am particularly not interested in staying at a resort, so considering that I'm not sure how to go about a wedding in Cabo. I'm okay with having the wedding itself at a resort but if it's more cost effective to have it elsewhere I'd much prefer that! A terrace is what I am hoping for most, but the beach with a deck would be great as well.

Any tips or help is much appreciated! Getting married in Cabo makes me excited but nervous because I don't know anyone with experience getting married outside of a resort. undecided.gif

Congratulations Crystal! I totally understand because I'm getting married outside a resort as well. But you've given yourself plenty of time to plan, which is good!! I started with a lot of researching - on the internet and looking through this forum. There's a lot of information here and a lot of reviews for resorts as well as individual vendors. Send me a PM if you have specific questions. Good luck and happy planning!

Congratulations!! 

Originally Posted by Chitown Bride View Post

Hi Everyone!!!!

I'm a Cabo Bride

August 27, 2011 Barcelo Palace Deluxe in Cabo San Lucas!!

Hi cl2001,

My fiance and I are getting married in Cabo this June. Us and our 40 guests are staying at the Barcelo resort, but we aren't having our wedding there. We're going to have our wedding at Sunset Da Mona Lisa (sunsetmonalisa.com) which has a beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean! Worth checking out if this is what you're looking for.

If you and your guests aren't going to be staying at a resort then it would not be cost effective to have your wedding at a resort- you would have to pay for a guest pass for each person on top of the cost of the wedding. There are lots of great venues in Cabo that I discovered in my research. If you're planning it from afar it may be worth your money to hire a wedding coordinator to help you out. It may seem like a lot to spend on one, but their expertise and knowledge of good vendors (for flowers, cake, etc etc) will save you headache, time, and money in the end. That's been my experience anyways!

Happy planning :)

I just checked out the website for the venue you are using and it is incredible! So different than a typical resort DW! I cannot wait to see your wedding pictures, your guests are going to love this setting!

Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine View Post

Hi cl2001,

My fiance and I are getting married in Cabo this June. Us and our 40 guests are staying at the Barcelo resort, but we aren't having our wedding there. We're going to have our wedding at Sunset Da Mona Lisa (sunsetmonalisa.com) which has a beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean! Worth checking out if this is what you're looking for.

If you and your guests aren't going to be staying at a resort then it would not be cost effective to have your wedding at a resort- you would have to pay for a guest pass for each person on top of the cost of the wedding. There are lots of great venues in Cabo that I discovered in my research. If you're planning it from afar it may be worth your money to hire a wedding coordinator to help you out. It may seem like a lot to spend on one, but their expertise and knowledge of good vendors (for flowers, cake, etc etc) will save you headache, time, and money in the end. That's been my experience anyways!

Happy planning :)

Hello!

I'm a new Cabo bride!

My name is Meghan and my fiance Chris and I just got engaged in Cabo. We are planning a Cabo wedding for early March 2012. We are thinking about Dreams, or Melia. We have site visits and an engagement session planned for early summer!

Hi!!!!  Would you be willing to sell your wedding dress? My client wants this dress and I was thinking of saving her money by finding someone who has it!  If so, we can explore this - you can call me at veronica@blueivyevents.com or call 617 642 0448. Thanks!