My E-Ring/Wedding Ring Dilemma!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hey everyone!

So, there's a thread under the "Travel" forum dealing with the security of safes in rooms at the resorts etc.

I am still so stressed about what I should do with my rings! I want to bring and wear both of them while on vacation, but combined they are worth $5,000 and to me that's a lot of money. I don't want to get them stolen, yet I don't want to go swimming and stuff with them on. So this begs the question...where do I keep them? I don't trust the room safes because there is obviously master keys/codes for them and who's to say that someone with the power, won't abuse it? It's making me totally paranoid thinking about it to the point that I am considering getting a fake wedding band just so I don't have to deal with it all and leave my real rings at home. It's not what I want, but I will do it if necessary.

Does anyone out there have any thoughts on this? Ladies who are already married??

#2 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
    • 1,681 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

I don't know what I will do yet, but I have a couple friends who just wore a fake ring/band so nothing would happen. Hope this helps

#3 beachbride08

beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009
        Hey everyone!

So, there's a thread under the "Travel" forum dealing with the security of safes in rooms at the resorts etc.

I am still so stressed about what I should do with my rings! I want to bring and wear both of them while on vacation, but combined they are worth $5,000 and to me that's a lot of money. I don't want to get them stolen, yet I don't want to go swimming and stuff with them on. So this begs the question...where do I keep them? I don't trust the room safes because there is obviously master keys/codes for them and who's to say that someone with the power, won't abuse it? It's making me totally paranoid thinking about it to the point that I am considering getting a fake wedding band just so I don't have to deal with it all and leave my real rings at home. It's not what I want, but I will do it if necessary.

Does anyone out there have any thoughts on this? Ladies who are already married??
        I was paranoid about leaving my rings in our room as well, but I wanted my real rings with me for pictures. I am planning on wearing my wedding bands on my right hand until the wedding day. I have gone swimming with my e-ring before with no issues so I think they will be fine. We also just got all 3 of my rings and FI's band insured just in case.
        Michelle

#4 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

I wore mine the whole time. No problems. I just made sure they were both insured.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#5 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
          • 343 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

I'm wearing my rings. Just make sure you have then added to your home owners policy. It's not too much extra per year but well worth not having to worry yourself sick should something happen to your rings. Most policies you don't even have to pay a deductable.

#6 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for your advice everyone!! I think what I might try to do is put it in a super secret non-obvious container within the room safe and hope for the best....I plan on putting so much crap in that safe that hopefully if someone breaks in to it, they won't feel like digging to find it.

I will definitely also be contacting my insurer to make sure that they are covered.

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

You can also buy travel safes. They can be strapped to fixed objects in the room & locked with a key. Not fool proof of course - if someone really wanted what was inside they could find a way to get it - but at least it's another option & probably safer than the in room safe. Maybe you could hide the rings (or other smaller valuables) in a bag hung on a hanger under some clothing. Just a few options.... :)

Here is the link for a travel safe...it's pretty neat!
                PacSafe Travel Safe 100 Portable Safe

#8 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                • 2,262 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:07 PM

I'm locking my stuff in my suitcase lol sounds easy but my cases all fit inside each other so they will be in 3 cases - yeah they can move the cases but they will be seen moving a bloody big silver suitcase lol

#9 J2K

J2K
                  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:08 PM

As far as insurance goes, it's best to get a separate policy for your jewelry. Some homeowners insurance will cover it, with the proper rider, but others will only allow you to use their jewelers, etc. We insured our rings with Jewelers Mutual insurance, which will definitely allow us to work with the jeweler we choose if something were ever to happen.

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:51 PM

I just found this link...HOLY McGiver!!!

How to keep your travel money safe from thieves | eHow.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users