Photo

Can't Find .. The One!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

I am growing ever-more frusterating with my wedding gown search!! I have tried on so many dresses; every style from ballgown to mermaid to sheath to A-line and all in between... I cannot find anything that I am 'in love' with!

Everyone talks about finding 'the one' but I am concerned that I will never find it!!

I have tried on things that were okay; they would work, but nothing felt perfect.

Now I am considering going the non-traditional route to see if I can find something I like that is maybe classified as an evening gown or something...
    I wouldn't mind doing color.. but FMIL keeps saying that her son should get a bride in white. (This is my 2nd marraige and I think that bothers her!) Fh really doesn't care what color I wear.

I found this dress online and want to go try it on; I am almost afraid that I will love it and then FMIL will freak.
    Click the image to open in full size.

So, I guess I am just freaking out a bit .. Thanks for listening girls!!!

#2 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
    • 451 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

I ended up buying a dress that "would work" and had the same feeling - I wanted something I would love. So...I took it to a seamstress along with an inspiration picture (of a dress that was way out of my price range) and we are changing it up! She says doing this is almost half of her business. I am adding lace and changing the straps, etc.

What I did like about the one I bought (the cut, the back, and the basic style) was enough to turn it into my dream dress :) If you have an idea of what you like or a "dream" dress picture, get a dress that is similar in fit, shape, style and have it altered. My dress plus all the alterations are only $500 total. Now I love, love, love it!

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

fmil should mind her own business, it's your dress. you need to be the one who loves your dress and your fi will love what you love, right? Get what you want.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
        • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:06 PM

That dress is really pretty! I love it! I looked at all kinds of boutiques in Houston for "the dress" and I ended up buying mine for $400 at David's Bridal. It's perfect. Here is the style number if you want to take a look. Style 9T9389.

#5 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
          • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

Thank you ladies!! I guess I am just getting nervous. I have tried on sooo many dresses and none seem right.

#6 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
            • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by tylersgirl
              That dress is really pretty! I love it! I looked at all kinds of boutiques in Houston for "the dress" and I ended up buying mine for $400 at David's Bridal. It's perfect. Here is the style number if you want to take a look. Style 9T9389.
              I actually tried on that dress!! Its sooo pretty. It just wasn't "me".. I don't know how else to describe the feeling.

#7 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
              • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

I totally understand....Just keep looking and you will find it. Look at places and styles you normally wouldn't go for=) Good Luck!

#8 Sloan

Sloan
                • 1,279 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Get whatever dress YOU like and tell FMIL to stuff it.

#9 aimee!

aimee!
                  • 696 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:55 PM

don't get discouraged! i was feeling so bummed during my dress hunt, & i tried on soo many dresses (over 60!).

you will know when you find the one. & when you do, you can't take anyone else's feelings into account!

good luck with the hunt.
                    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#10 Erica053009

Erica053009
                    • 513 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

Screw what the FMIL thinks this is your wedding and if that is the dress then that is the dress...just an FYI there are a few brands that have that or a similar style in white (Morgan & Co., OC by Oleg Cassini, Niteline, Adrianna Papell Evenings, Nightway, Niki, and Faviana) Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users