Photo

Sept/Oct - my least favorite time of year and why...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

It's hot here and I hates it! GENERALLY, the end of September/beginning of October are some of the hottest weeks of the year here in Vallarta. It always seems that the weather gets hotter and hotter and hotter until it "breaks" and then, suddenly, things just feel cooler and life is roses again . Last year I marked October 13th as the last "burning hot" day of the summer fall season and the days after that as rosey delights . This year, however, it's still hateful hot as I write this on October 27th. While I pray to the god/buddha/mohammed of "oh please oh mighty one cool this place down", I will let you know when the weather finally "turns" .

As Vallarta turns, to be cont.......

#2 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

Yes I hear you on that! last year my guests were melting in the beginning of October. I think our wedding day got up to 110 or something crazy like that. our poor wedding guests....

#3 Kathie

Kathie
    • 2,654 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

I can vouch for Mishka. I was in Vallarta last week and it was miserable! I couldn't believe how hot it was and many of the locals told us that it is usually not like that past the middle of October. Man it was HOT.....but, we loved it there. It is gorgeous and can't wait to get back!

#4 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
      • 178 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

I will concur - our wedding was October 18 in PV at Las Caletas. We melted. But I love PV all the same! A little heat couldn't ruin anything.

#5 ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie
        • 24 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

Thanks Miska, I was planning for Oct. 09 but this is good info and I will postpone until Nov. 09, ugughgh I don't want to wait a whole year but this is a good reason to.

#6 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
          • 1,574 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:31 AM

Okay - I've been holding out on ya'all - but mostly because I'm still cranky that we haven't been able to shut the air off at night yet.

ANYWHO - THE WEATHER broke at the beginning of last week ... what that means is you can go walking around downtown in the shade AND NOT SWEAT (well, you can if you're use to our climate ... I mean I can walk around downtown and not sweat . AND you can walk around in the sun and sweat like a normal person - instead of taking a step outside of air conditioning and instant drippage due to humidity. Nighttime is downright beeeyoootiful....

as vallarta turns....still turning :).

#7 Kathie

Kathie
            • 2,654 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:49 AM

Glad you're getting some relief Mishka!

#8 pvinnov

pvinnov
              • 41 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:18 AM

Mishka, I was looking at the weather forecast and it still looks hot! Well to me, at least. Here's to hoping that the weather gets a little cooler on Saturday when I am out getting married!

#9 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                • 1,574 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:17 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pvinnov
                  Mishka, I was looking at the weather forecast and it still looks hot! Well to me, at least. Here's to hoping that the weather gets a little cooler on Saturday when I am out getting married!
                  As long as you stay out of the sun you should be okay ... really! :):). I know the numbers look sortof high, but it's the loss of humidity and the wind is cool - that's how I can tell the weather has shifted. If you're down by the beach, you might even be a little chilly... if you're from the LA area, I think the climate will be slightly similar, with a bit more humidity.

If you're from northern ca ... well, you might find it a wee bit warm .

And congratulations ahead of time! :):):)

#10 pvinnov

pvinnov
                  • 41 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:53 PM

Ah, I am accustomed to N. Cal weather, but I'm usually freezing, so maybe it'll be perfect! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users