Road Trip Wedding - Sanibel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

So this may be a crazy idea, but my FI and I are thinking of doing a road trip wedding.

We would be getting married at Sanibel Island, and driving down there and making a big road trip out of it. Its not the norm destination wedding so to speak, but than again we are not the norm.

FYI - its only the two of us eloping.

Does anyone have info they'd like to share about Sanibel?

#2 RedDiamond

• Banned
    • 242 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

Oh, that sounds like a ton of fun! I think it would be a fantastic idea.

#3 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

That would be so fun. See you have no problems anymore.. you thought of a great idea and no worries about $$ like Hawaii was for you.. Congrats on finding something new!!!

#4 jeffica

• 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:25 PM

My FH and I just came back from a weekend road trip to scout florida destination wedding locations. Sanibel is beautiful. We flew into Tampa, drove through Longboat and Lido Keys (near Sarasota), then to Sanibel, Captiva, Naples & Marco Island before jetting across the state to Miami and the Keys. I have tons of pictures of properties and thoughts about every place we stayed, if you are interested. Just don't do it in a weekend ~ we were so sad to leave but know that we'll be going back soon.

#5 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:27 PM

I do not know about Sanibel but FI and I took a road trip for 16 days around the country and we had the time of our lives. We want to do another one!!!
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

OMG thats sounds like alot of fun!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users