Photo

please post fan programs

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 akumalbound

akumalbound
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

please post your fan programs and also what paper you used. i have the template i'm just curious to see examples. i know this has been covered i have just been online too long today so i can't handle searching through all of these posts! :) thanks!

#2 Jolene

Jolene
    • 34 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:39 PM

I would love to see them too. Would you be willing to share the template??

#3 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

Click the image to open in full size.
        These are the fans we used: Natural Straw Fans (12 pcs)

#4 akumalbound

akumalbound
        • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

aylee

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:32 AM

I did two different fans.
            The first one is the actual fan template from Aylee. This will be on each guest's chair at the wedding.
            The second fan is going to sit on top of each plate at dinner. The menu will sit on top of the fan. This fan has a thank you note tied to the bottom.
            These fans came from whiteaisle.com : Click the image to open in full size.

#6 akumalbound

akumalbound
            • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

great! thanks. where did you get the top paper that you used? doesn't look like you can print on that though - did you try? and what size grommet did you use?

#7 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

All of my paperstock is from Discount Wedding Invitations, Vellum Paper, Vellum Envelopes, Card Stock Source - Paperandmore.com. I used crimson metallic cardstock for the outside leaves, and champagne metallic cardstock on the inside. The text is printed on platinum vellum and affixed to the champagne cardstock with spray adhesive.

I actually embossed each outside piece using a Fiskars texture plate and texturing tool. I bought them at Hobby Lobby, but here's a link to what they look like: Fiskars 12-5659 6pc Texture Plate Set II: Widget Supply. I used the "filigree" plate, which is the second from the left on the top row. Warning- this is a time consuming project!

Edited to add: I used brads from Hobby Lobby. They don't list their measurement, but my guess is that they're about 1/4 inch in diameter.

#8 jpkw

jpkw
                • VIP Member
                • 1,650 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

Sarah - each time I look at your projects, I'm more impressed!! You should really go into this business! I wish I could hire you for my programs! They look GREAT!

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jpkw
                    Sarah - each time I look at your projects, I'm more impressed!! You should really go into this business! I wish I could hire you for my programs! They look GREAT!
                    lol- what are they worth to you? I kinda have fun doing this stuff- maybe I should start a side business. I can see it now..."DW paper products extrordinaire by day....Labor and Delivery nurse by night..." roflmao

#10 akumalbound

akumalbound
                    • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

sarah - would you mind sharing your ceremony page text? i'm having trouble fitting everything on one piece and yours looks short and sweet. thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users