Sign in to follow this  
June_Dreams

TTD - Pictures, Referrals, etc.

Hello my Lovelies...

I am not sure if this post is up here somewhere but i was wondering for past brides and present brides if you have any idea who you are choosing for your TTD? (that is if your having one) If you have had one who did you use and do you have pictures?? I am racking my brain trying to find someone but either i get no response from them or they're price is out of this world.

Any imput or suggestion would be greatly appreciated smile123.gif

I can't be of any help as I had brought my own photographer, but if you put your price range it might help, because one person's idea of "out of this world" price might be somebody else's idea of "reasonable" (that is one thing I've learned from this forum, peoples' budgets are vastly different!)

I'm using Lidya Solemidt. She is our photog for our wedding too. Our TTD session is $400 since we're using her for our wedding. She charges $500 for just TTD. Her TTD is an hour and a half, etc. She's in Cancun so you wouldn't have any travel expenses. Her email is: lidya.solemidt@gmail.com

We are using the photographer we are bringing with us. I have a file of photo ideas on my computer that I love, and he's looking for ideas too. A few days before we fly out will go through all the photos to see which are the most inspirational.

Have you already checked with your regular wedding photographer?

We are using Sol Tamargo of Del Sol. Her TTD's are so amazing looking. There is a sticky post from her and matt at the top of the RM forum.

We also went with Del Sol and we hired Vincent. He was great to work with and we loved his work! He made my husband, who was not thrilled about doing this shoot, feel totally at ease while taking the pics.

But like SunBride said, everyone's budget is so different, you will just have to choose according to what works for you. For example, I loved Sol's (from Del Sol) work, but I couldn't afford her. But, Vincent was in our price range and Sol edits the pics anyway, so we got a little of both. And like I said, he was great, so we were very pleased with our decision!

Here are a few pics from our TTD:

Click the image to open in full size.

Well I was aiming for less then 1,000$ is that considered a low budget??lol Your pictures are absolutly BEAUTIFUL.. I contacted them for a quote but they have yet to get back to me..

I'm not much help- my photographer is going to do ours as a part of our wedding package. However, I know that Cecilia Dumas, Vanessa Vargas, Lidya Solemidt and several other local Mexican photogs to TTD sessions, and I think the most expensive I was quoted was $500 for a separate TTD session of 1.5 hours (a couple were lower than that). I think it just depends on how much time you want, and how crazy you want to get and how many locations you want to get to. We are just going to do the beach and a couple gorgeous local areas that are close by, and that will be it. Good luck deciding!