Sign in to follow this  
sunset78

The Canadian dollar

I know I shouldn't be stressing out yet, but ugh... If by the time my wedding rolls around and the dollar is this low I don't think many people will come, and I might have to do some changes for the wedding because everything is in US dollars.

Anyone fellow Canadians stressed about the dollar dropping more and more?

I'M STRESSED!

Not about my guests because they pay for the trip in Cdn dollars, but probably $20K worth of my wedding costs are in US dollars! I was counting on the dollar being close to par....this is really gonna hurt. Really bad. ARRRRGH!!!

Yes, I'm stressed!!! When I put my deposit on the hotel and the photographer, the dollar was at par and now....omg!!! Plus, my guest's room rates are in USD....this sucks!! Maybe it will turn around by Feb?!? Wishful thinking...

Hmm I thought the CDN dollar was going strong still? The economy is still booming though, right?

I feel so out of the loop. I get zero Canadian news now except what I read online.

Is there any way you can get them to quote you prices in CDN?

How is the CDN holding up vs. the MXP? If it's holding strong (which may be the case because the USD is rising vs. many currencies - therefore the issue is not the weakness of the CDN but rather the strength of the USD), then get prices quoted in MXP. They'll certainly do that!

just FYI gals, you will almost always get a better price when you ask for quotes in MXN pesos than USD!

Oooh, that's a GREAT tip Becks and Maura! Thanks. It seems so obvious but I probably never would have though of that.

Once again...BDW is the best thing EVER!

I'm a little worried how it will affect everything but I also have lots of time for it to get back up to par with ths US dollar.

I'm a bit stressed about it since I'm getting married in 2 weeks! But most of my deposits were on par with USD and there is not alot left to pay. However while we are there everything will cost a bit more than planned I guess..