Jump to content

Photo

show us your rings!


  • Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#1841 snorfle1

snorfle1
  • Site Supporter
  • 68 posts
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton
  • LocationJamaica

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Thank you Andrea!

Originally Posted by AndreaandAaron 

Congrats!

 

I have a marquise cut diamond as well....I love mine so much!   I haven't seen too many other  marquise cuts out there.

 

Good luck with all your planning!



#1842 alley08

alley08
  • Newbie
  • 123 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationOshawa

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Thanks so much. I am in love with it and your right, it's hard not to stare at it all day. I hadn't even heard of the Vera Wang collection until we got engaged. Apparently my soon to be hubby is more fashion forward than I gave him credit for. lol I'm sure if it was up to us girls we would have one on every finger.

 

Your wedding is soon......how are things coming along?



#1843 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
  • Member
  • 593 posts

    Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

    Originally Posted by alley08 

    Thanks so much. I am in love with it and your right, it's hard not to stare at it all day. I hadn't even heard of the Vera Wang collection until we got engaged. Apparently my soon to be hubby is more fashion forward than I gave him credit for. lol I'm sure if it was up to us girls we would have one on every finger.

     

    Your wedding is soon......how are things coming along?

    I know! It's scary because 6 months will fly. Everything did not start falling into place until now, so its a little hectic but also exciting. We have our group air booked, our room blocks booked, invitations- we hit a bump in the road with the manufacturer but they will be delivered shortly, we just booked our AHR, DJ is booked, photographer is booked, my bridal party is working on my shower (although I fought them not to do one, my mother and MOH, as annoying as she has been this entire time, insist I deserve one), next up is planning the bachelorette, the fiances bachelor party is booked (and paid for because the guys booked it as soon as they found out haha), My dress, headpiece and veil have been purchased and made and are in the vault at the store, I just went bridesmaid shopping this weekend and we narrowed it down to 2 dresses, the groomsmen and grooms suits have been ordered, my church is working on gathering the paperwork we need to marry in the church in DR.

     

    Next I have to figure out souvenirs, and my welcome bags. Everything is coming together nicely and my only concern is ensuring we have the money to pay for everything! Which is a biggie. We have a tight budget and we are in the red (because of my insistence at having an AHR). I started bartending for extra money but have not been able to find steady employment- just a few private parties here and there, but I have a bunch of upcoming interviews lined up- So lol it should all work out. 


    Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

    #1844 jburress21

    jburress21
    • Jr. Member
    • 187 posts

      Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:48 AM


      #1845 kmmathes

      kmmathes
      • Newbie
      • 83 posts

        Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

        Our destination wedding is sneaking up on us and I just remembered we need to shop for wedding bands! How far in advance do people typically do this? And any suggestions on styles or stores to look at? My FI picked out a square cut solitaire set in platinum for my engagement ring....



        #1846 Amers

        Amers
        • Newbie
        • 46 posts

          Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

          Originally Posted by kmmathes 

          Our destination wedding is sneaking up on us and I just remembered we need to shop for wedding bands! How far in advance do people typically do this? And any suggestions on styles or stores to look at? My FI picked out a square cut solitaire set in platinum for my engagement ring....

           

          For timing I think it depends on if you plan on going with a custom piece or not. Mine ended up being custom made, I believe we gave them the go ahead in November to start making it and we took it home with us sometime in December (We are getting married in Feb) so we had lots of time. Keep in mind if you decided to get married in Canada before you leave you will need the rings for that also. My fiances wedding band we ordered directly from the store and just had to be sent for sizing so we got that back within 2 weeks.



          #1847 JayKay

          JayKay
          • Sr. Member
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

          Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

          I purchased my wedding band really early (9 months before wedding) as I knew exactly what I wanted and it was on sale for almost half price.  I would say leave lots of time to go shopping especially if you don't know what you want.  And try going back to the store your FI bought your ring from.  Often times they have matching bands or bands that work well with the engagement rings they sell (such as from the same company, ect.)  And try lots of different types and styles on unti you find the one you love.

          Originally Posted by kmmathes 

          Our destination wedding is sneaking up on us and I just remembered we need to shop for wedding bands! How far in advance do people typically do this? And any suggestions on styles or stores to look at? My FI picked out a square cut solitaire set in platinum for my engagement ring....



          #1848 onyxluxenoir

          onyxluxenoir
          • Newbie
          • 22 posts

            Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

            My fiance and I kinda picked out rings together.  I always thought I wanted a two gold, princess cut solitaire with no side stones and then I wanted the Lotus engagement ring.  He massaged me over to this ring and I feel in lust.  When Kathy Faigle (of Faigle and Son's in Cincy) presented the entire wedding set with the bands on top and bottom I feel in LOVE.  I'm only wearing my engagement ring of course but I cannot wait to wear the entire set.

            I love my rings but love him even more!

             

            Ciao,

             



            #1849 elissae

            elissae
            • Member
            • 631 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
            • LocationClifton Park, NY

            Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

            GORGEOUS!  Abd I love your maincure color(s), too!  Congrats!

            Originally Posted by onyxluxenoir 

            My fiance and I kinda picked out rings together.  I always thought I wanted a two gold, princess cut solitaire with no side stones and then I wanted the Lotus engagement ring.  He massaged me over to this ring and I feel in lust.  When Kathy Faigle (of Faigle and Son's in Cincy) presented the entire wedding set with the bands on top and bottom I feel in LOVE.  I'm only wearing my engagement ring of course but I cannot wait to wear the entire set.

            I love my rings but love him even more!

             

            Ciao,

             


            Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


            #1850 MK71809

            MK71809
            • Site Supporter
            • 112 posts

              Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

              Here's my ring... I love it. Only been engaged a wk 2day! YAYYY

               

              Hope this wrks, I am soooo new 2 this site!

               

              Posted Image

               

              Kara ~ july2014bride@verizon.net






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users