Photo

show us your rings!

• Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#1131 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
  • 860 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

Wow, 2.3! Lucky girl! It actually looks bigger. Congrats, it is very beautiful!

#1132 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

HAHA you didnt need the halo that is for sure!!! It is a stunning ring!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you had a sense of humour with my question but I am also sure you get asked a lot!!! 

An eternity band the pave setting goes all the way around the band.  It looks like that's what yours does!!! 

Gorgeous gorgeous ring!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by heavenone 

LOL! I think in a thread called "show us your rings" no questions should be considered tacky. ;)  I'm pretty sure it's 2.3 -- I wasn't expecting that at all. It was my FH's grandmother's stone so I TOTALLY lucked out. I had originally told him that I wanted a halo setting to make my ring look bigger (had I only known that wouldn't be necessary). 

@aahq45 I'm not sure what makes something an eternity band. The band is pave diamonds on top and sides, does that make it eternity?

Oops, I originally meant to say I HAVEN'T looked at bands yet. 

#1133 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
      • 614 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

our family diamond from my mom's great grandmother was only .67 carats, but it was a hand cut stone. it made me realize the importance of these rings in establishing a legacy, which is why we chose tiffany's. they laser-engrave a number into the diamond so that its records can be pulled in any store in the world. we started off with a small stone (new to me, not my great grandmother's, which has remained a neckace) and will do the one-time upgrade some day (you get the value of your ring to purchase another that's at least 2x the cost).

congrats. it's stunning. : ) 

Originally Posted by heavenone 

Here's my Ering. Having looked at bands yet but can't wait!

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

#1134 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

I think a Tiffany's ring is every girls dream so congrats to you!!!

I think it is so true to have the "legacy" of a family stone, it really adds so much meaning to the ring and the engagement.  Hopefully our future generations will be wearing our rings!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

our family diamond from my mom's great grandmother was only .67 carats, but it was a hand cut stone. it made me realize the importance of these rings in establishing a legacy, which is why we chose tiffany's. they laser-engrave a number into the diamond so that its records can be pulled in any store in the world. we started off with a small stone (new to me, not my great grandmother's, which has remained a neckace) and will do the one-time upgrade some day (you get the value of your ring to purchase another that's at least 2x the cost).

congrats. it's stunning. : ) 

#1135 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
          • 614 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

coincidentally, here's a few pics of the setting my great-grandmother chose, which was designed to do exactly what the halo does today - make the diamond (which is round-cut) look larger:

IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_5889.JPG

#1136 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
            • 614 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

last post, here's the ring we bought - the tiffany novo (no band - it was part of the deal FI and I made! ; ) and to be honest, I kind of preferred just the band look so I chose a smaller center stone that would blend with the ring:

tiffany novo .5.png

IMG_5935.JPG

#1137 bruceg05

bruceg05
              • Site Supporter
              • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

Tiffany's is AMAZING (but so expensive).  I loved their bigger rings, but chose mine because it was unique.  I, too, liked the legacy idea and hope to pass my whole ring on.  Only problem is that Tiffany's doesn't make a matching band for mine so I might get their Tiffany Jazz band or Metro band to wear on my right hand.  Anyone else considering that?

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I think a Tiffany's ring is every girls dream so congrats to you!!!

I think it is so true to have the "legacy" of a family stone, it really adds so much meaning to the ring and the engagement.  Hopefully our future generations will be wearing our rings!

#1138 nmw134

nmw134
                • 98 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

Wow, everybody has such beautiful rings! I need to take a picture of mine that I can post to share!

#1139 starrysim

starrysim
                  • 349 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Such pretty and diverse rings, I always love peeking into this thread.

I've been searching for a wedding band to go with my solitaire.  I really want a very thin bands with very small diamonds, most likely half-eternity.  I just can't seem to find anything that I feel "matches" my solitaire well enough.  I'd like the two bands to look relatively uniform, even if one has diamonds and the other doesn't.  I will probably have to get it custom made.  Any suggestions for me?  I would also love to see your solitaire e-rings paired with diamond wedding bands!

Here's a pic of my e-ring.  I originally wanted the e-ring to have pave sidestones too, but in the end my fiance got me the solitaire (was too chicken to have a setting custom made, in case I didn't like it in the end. lol, poor men).  I fell in love with it just the way it is, but I still want some sparkle on my wedding band, in case I want to wear it on its own (to work and stuff).

ring-2.jpg

ring-5.jpg

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#1140 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

Your ring is beautiful!! I to have a solitaire ering and I had a hard time finding a wedding band that I liked.  I too wanted something thin with small diamonds but still went went with my ering.  I tried on a ton of wedding bands and didn't like many of them with my ering either because there was a huge gap, or they didn't look cohesive together.  I ended up purchasing a 0.25 carat channel set diamond band.  Here is a picture of it (I don't have a picture of it with my ering, and my ering is currently getting fixed:( )

Such pretty and diverse rings, I always love peeking into this thread.

I've been searching for a wedding band to go with my solitaire.  I really want a very thin bands with very small diamonds, most likely half-eternity.  I just can't seem to find anything that I feel "matches" my solitaire well enough.  I'd like the two bands to look relatively uniform, even if one has diamonds and the other doesn't.  I will probably have to get it custom made.  Any suggestions for me?  I would also love to see your solitaire e-rings paired with diamond wedding bands!

Here's a pic of my e-ring.  I originally wanted the e-ring to have pave sidestones too, but in the end my fiance got me the solitaire (was too chicken to have a setting custom made, in case I didn't like it in the end. lol, poor men).  I fell in love with it just the way it is, but I still want some sparkle on my wedding band, in case I want to wear it on its own (to work and stuff).

ring-2.jpg

ring-5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users