• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:21 AM

Oh no! we were on our way to Linen's & Things last night and decided to wait until today.

I have a $100 gift card! I'm calling right now!

Just talked to the manager...
    She said they are still accepting gift cards until further notice. I would sugguest getting there ASAP if you have any cards or returns.

#12 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

I went last night to return stuff and got a merch. credit. The manager didn't say anything about having to use it that night but I sure as $&*@ am heading over there tonight to get a few things. I really loved the bedding that I had on my registry but only got a pillow and sheets from it so far so I had to return them :-(

Now I have to find new bedding that I love...

#13 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
      • 302 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

Wow, weird. In Windsor, they just built a brand new one like 6 months ago!

#14 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

I'm headed over there today. I called ours last night and they also confirmed that all of them are closing and the liquidation starts today, and all sales are final starting today. They were hoping someone would buy them out but that didn't happen

#15 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

Grrr.. I'm registered there too and got my email yesterday!

I'm heading to the one by my place tonight to make sure I can use my gift card... totally sucks!

#16 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:30 PM

ours has been doing the clearance sales for about a month now, I was wondering if it was all of them or just some.

#17 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

They told me that they are still accepting gift cards but not selling any, and all sales are final. I went in tonight and I didn't want them but I thought I would let you know that they had placecard frames in packs of 10 for $4.99

#18 MissyR

MissyR
                • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

For all you Canadian gals - they are certainly moving much slower here in the north! I was in there tonight and there is no sign of closing up shop - the woman said it could be months - and I returned some stuff no problem and she gave me a new gift card.. so you certainly have some time!

#19 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
                  • 1,209 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:31 PM

Wow. I got the email today too and it sounded very rushed and urgent... I'm definitely bummed as we're registered there and one other place, but I preferred L n T and so most of the registry is there
                    I've got to get on that because my shower's coming up...

#20 Chiquita

Chiquita
                    • 2,674 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

Okay so I went into our Linens N Things here by my house and the manager there told me the canadian stores were NOT closing up at all.. just the american ones. There was definitely no liquidation going on at my store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users