Sign in to follow this  
weneedhelpforwedding

HONESTLY which Resort in the Dominican is the BEST all around for a DW?

Welcome to the Forum! Unfortunately your decision isn't going to be that easy (wink wink) - there are so many great resorts it really depends on a number of factors - price point, adults only vs. kid friendly, beach ceremony etc. As a first step I would read through the DR section reviews and post to get a feel for some of the resorts - then think about getting a TA (there are some great ones on here) to help you narrow it down!

hmm i'm getting married at the Paradisus Palma Real but its more than 2k per person. I think the Paradisus Punta Cana might be in your price range and all the reviews i've seen on the forum from girls getting married there were very positive. goodluck with your decision.

Yep, it's all so relative ... and every DR bride who had a fabulous DW is going to recommend their own resort, lol.

I highly recommend Paradisus Punta Cana. It was perfect for us, our 40 guests and their age ranges (4-80).

Questions? Check the threads and ask away!!!

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help. I'm SOOOO confused. I think I'm going to choose Gran Bahia Bavaro in Punta Cana, but I'm open to other resorts... (maybe DREAMS?? or Paradisushuh.gif) Any opinions on this (as to which resort would be the easiest to deal with) would be great.

Also, did anyone go through a wedding planner for destination weddings like NancyK or DestinationWedding.com? I'm a very nervous and busy person.. but I don't know if it's worth getting a planner.

PLEASE HELP...

Hopeful Wedding Date: March 2009 =)

I'm thinking about getting married at Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana (it's where I got engaged) and I've only heard good things about them. It can cost about $1700 or $1800 per person. They have their own wedding coordinator but can be a little difficult to get confirmations with the plans. Someone started a forum specifically for this resort and wedding planning on msn. I'll help as much as I can if you have questions.

-Carissa

I am getting married at The Majestic Colonial we are going from Canada for $1600 plus taxes for one week all inclusive in November. It is a five star and I have heard nonthing but great great reviews about it. I have also heard great things about Paradisus and Dreams so it really comes down to something at the resort that will help you decide. I picked the Majestic because of the beautiful outdoor decor. I had looked at the Paradisus but in Nov it was too expensive.