Photo

reception at the riu

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 blurt

blurt
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:06 AM

Hi, does anyone know how much they charge for the reception. We don't know wether to have one or not.

#2 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:46 AM

Depends on what you are looking for...semi-private? Private? Dancing? Beach or Pool location? There is so much info right here in the Jamaica forum. You can also use the search function.

#3 mswenna74@yahoo.com

mswenna74@yahoo.com
      • 94 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:57 AM

Hello, Blurt
        Your reception dinner is free at the Mammee bay up to 50quest, semi private anyother location there is a fee
        SeaofLove.Wedquarters.com

#4 sally

sally
        • 302 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

I would definately use search I have seen sooo many threads on this good luck xx

#5 m_willis22

m_willis22
          • 123 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

mambee bay is free for up to 50 guests. over that you have to have a private reception at the plantation restaurant $500 every 2 hours. if you want to have dancing there you can. there is the option to have dancing at the disco, poolside, or beach side. this is an additional price

#6 amagee

amagee
            • 129 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:36 AM

we are having our dinner at Mammee Bay which is free for up to 50 people. Then we also debated whether to have a reception dance, but finally decided to book the Seagrape. This is on the beach, and there is a bar there. We get a whole private section to ourselves, open bar and dancing we are paying $15.00 per person, because the bar is not normally on the beach at that time, and for tables and chairs to be set up. But definately do a search on the forum and you will find all kinds of helpful information. Any other questions let me know!!

#7 amagee

amagee
              • 129 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:37 AM

I forgot to mention that we are brining a couple I-Pods, because entertainment is extra cost.

#8 blurt

blurt
                • 105 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:35 AM

Hi, thanks for the info I have been looking at the threads and I have got some great ideas now. Thanks again.x

#9 msasfraz

msasfraz
                  • 392 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:24 AM

Bringing the ipod is a good idea. Chandalyn has a cd player that can play cds and has an ipod hookup at no charge. You just have to make sure someone can work the player b/c Chandalyn does not.

#10 jcmoon

jcmoon
                    • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

So...the options for a reception are all at an additional charge?
                      Has anyone just had their guests meet on the beach or is the bar pretty much closed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users