Photo

Guests worried about getting sick at resort- Help!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 moore.vj1

moore.vj1
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:00 PM

Hey All,

I will be staying in the Riveria Maya at the Azul Sensatori for my wedding. Now that my location as been chosen, many of my guests are worried they will get sick eating the food there...some even vow to only eat starches and nothing else!! I really want to reassure them that the food they are paying for will be safe..

How can I make them more at ease regarding the food...are there any tips you can provide? Have any of the brides getting married in Mexico had to deal with this?

Valerie

#2 Kelly C

Kelly C
    • 2,051 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

You just have to be smart. Only drink bottled water and dont eat off vendors on the street. I have been to mexico aleast 15 times and never have gotten sick.
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#3 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

tell them to eat pudding from poughkeepsie the same ways charlotte did in SATC!
        maybe send some links from tripadvisor.com w/ positive food reviews, and tell them what to look out for.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

We had lots of family concerned about this too ... and I pretty much ignored all their whining after sending links about food safety in our DW country.

No one got sick on our trip. :-)

#5 MelanieS

MelanieS
          • 820 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

We've been to Mexico many many times, plus Nicaragua, the Caribbean, etc. and had never, EVER gotten sick until my daughter's wedding in May. We believe we had some of the bad jalapeno peppers (originally thought it was the tomatoes) that caused the large outbreak of illness in Mexico and the U.S. We took immodium like it was candy and it had no effect on us. We were sick for 13 days. You can be as careful as possible and still end up with something, but your guests' chances of becoming sick are small. Worrying about it won't help. I'd even printed out info about how lime juice is supposed to be a cure-all - didn't work! We still had a wonderful time, just couldn't eat anything and actually ended up losing weight at an all-inclusive gourmet resort.

#6 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
            • 170 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

I don't know about the Azul resorts, but the resort we're getting married at has its own reverse osmosis filtering system for the entire resort. That means that all the water, from the showers, to the taps to the water in the kitchens, is safe for American stomachs to drink. If your resort doesn't have that, then follow the advice above- drink only bottled beverages, don't eat food that may have 'contaminated' water in it, and just overall be careful. Check about the water system at your resort though- it would probably really help your guests feel more comfortable!

#7 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

I would also send them positive reviews about the resort and food.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#8 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
                • 687 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

They will be missing out on all the good food at Azul!!! I agree, when the resort opens watch out for reviews. Most likely people won't be getting sick there. Always drink bottled water. I have also heard to avoid salad.
                  Photography by Tamm's Photos
                  http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#9 KHarrod

KHarrod
                  • 902 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:45 PM

I just returned from Mexico and the food was great but please only drink the bottled water. You may also want to warn them that the food and sodas dont exactly taste the same as they do in the US.

#10 moore.vj1

moore.vj1
                    • 34 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the great advice everyone! I will be sure to check the resort about the water system asap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users