ATTN: fellow Canadians..an AI pkg question..

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 Myen

• 102 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

Our group rate from Calgary with Air Canada Vacations for May 2009 was $2249 including tax. We're staying at the Moon Palace.

I'm kicking myself now because I had gotten a quote back in February for $1891 (tax included) but hadn't entirely decided on the date for the wedding and procrastinated a bit and the price had gone up significantly.

My advice is to book well in advance.

Good Luck!

#12 aeroo

• 153 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

To save money, part of our group flew out of Seattle. That saved about $600-700 per couple. I don't know if I would do it again though, since the drive back home seemed so long and after a day on the plane, the last thing you want to do is drive back 3 hours from Seattle. But if your group consists of students and are really wanting to save money, this will help.

#13 Shay2679

• 493 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

We will all be flying from Edmonton, Alberta, and are paying (including taxes, etc) $2300 each for 7 days All-Inclusive at the Royal in Playa del Carmen.

#14 MissyR

• 1,210 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

7 nights AI out of Toronto is about 1900 per person taxes in and Calgary about 1980 per person...

#15 courtney

• 49 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

We paid $1300 taxes included to Grand sunset princess from Toronto. We're going in January.

#16 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:42 AM

We were going to go to Dreamts Tulum, for the end of June, early July 2009.
              We got quotes in June this year and they were around 1900$ a person.

So we decided to go to Cuba instead, our guests are now paying 1220$
              Our TA is itravel2000, with Air Canada Vacations
              Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
              Made it legal : June 30, 2009

#17 thewendyj

• 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:52 AM

We decided to fly from Minneapolis because we saved over $500 per person over flying from Winnipeg, and for five of us, that amounted to over $2,500 for a 4-star by Playa Del Carmen!! An inconvenience I know, but on a limited budget, $2,500 is ALOT! We also have friends in Minneapolis so can stay there overnight and fly the next morning.

#18 Geminie

• 51 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

very informative thread :) my guests are paying $1574 for 7 nights at the Royal 5* in Playa flying from T.O. we're paying $1200/pp /week ... i guess we get a bit more of a discount since we're staying 1 week longer (having our honeymoon there as well) ... and it's less than a month away.. lol I had to put that in!
                  "I have known you all my life
                  In fact I knew you long before
                  A hundred years or so of you
                  And all I want from you is more
                  Sometimes I don't know who you areSometimes I don't know why you stayAll I know is when I called, you cameI have known you by one hundred names...
                  "My new photography site:htt...

#19 sgbrown

• 130 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

We are travelling from Ottawa to Cancun (to Dreams Tulum) the first week of May 2009 and are paying $1725/person through Air Canada Vacations. Our guests flying from Vancouver to Cancun are paying approximately $1850. Our east coast guests are also paying a little bit more (maybe $100).

Good luck! I would expect to pay between $1600-2200 for a 4-5 star hotel in the Mayan Riviera (unless you're going at off-peak time, say August or September).

#20 sg1307

• 49 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

We expect to pay more..
                      I'm getting to the point where I don't care - I just want to have the wedding where WE WANT to have it...and whoever comes..comes!

and thanks everyone for their input..it really helps out! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users