Photo

Ipod Dock station

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 DJsbride

DJsbride
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

I know some brides have used them. I'd like more information on the quality. How loud were the speakers? I'm just afraid that my guests won't be able to hear the music. My hotel is trying to rip me off for the sound equipment.
    I need help!

#2 BachataBride

BachataBride
    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

GREAT question...I'd like to know this too!!
      FYI...another option I am looking at is buying good speakers for my laptop so that I can have my first dance at the wedding gazebo (on battery life!) and then plug it in for the rest of the reception!

#3 ~Debra~

~Debra~
      • 500 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

I was also wondering about this! We are gonna use my ipod at the restaurant. The owner says she has a DJ system but I know nothing about those systems so I'm trying to get some info about a possible plan B.

#4 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
        • 227 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

Hmm, I have the docking station and it is loud and a great sound quality. I am bringing it for the ceremony and first dance song. I think I will take it outside and test it this weekend though. (if it stops raining) I will keep everyone posted.

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

If you want to be really naughty, you can always go purchase good speakers for it and then return them when you get home! I don't think I can get away with that though, with my FI being a police officer and all!! lol

#6 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
            • 1,634 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

ooh i never thought about taking a docking station with us - it would be interesting to find out if it would be loud enough - we are having an outside reception and its quite near the beach so i fear we may need to hire the speakers

#7 hanna

hanna
              • 223 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

We have one at home and it gets pretty loud. It would be ok for first dance, it just isn't super great when it comes to base and dance music. You could splurge and get the bose docking station. Its more expensive, but it sounds great. Hey, if you are spending a lot to rent speakers, might as well invest in a bose docking station you can keep.. hmm might just look into this myself

#8 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                • 1,634 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

ahh thats a good idea! h2b has always wanted a bose sound system - i'd just be gutted and red faced if it wasn't loud enough on the night!

decisions decisions

#9 hanna

hanna
                  • 223 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

Heres a link to the Bose site. $400 for a portable one. If you look up where a bose store is in your area, you can go there and try it out. See how loud it goes and how the sound is.
                    SoundDock Portable Digital Music System - Bose iPod Speakers and iPod Docking Stations - iPod Accessories

#10 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                    • 1,634 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:22 PM

thanks for that link - i'll check it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users