Photo

Any 2011 brides?!!

• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#131 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

Should I or shouldn't I? Either way, I'll let y'all know! Vistaprint.com has tons of stuff for free right now. I'd LOVE to order some STD postcards or return address labels right now but I'm apprehensive because we are getting married in 2011. If any of y'all are ready though, I'd say go for it! You only have to pay shipping on a lot of things or get a big discount on orders over the minimum amount, which is an amazing deal. I think I'll wait and hope they run another deal closer to when I am ready to send stuff out. Considering postcards that just say to Save the Date for April 2011 wedding in Mexico. I wish I could do more now!! haha.
    Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
    At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
    25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#132 ashley1316

ashley1316
    • 353 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

ok got a questions for you ladies, do u think having ur bridesmaids in black is a no no for a destination wedding?
      trying to come up with a colour scheme. and having a very hard time. i'm really not into the whole tropical colour for dresses. other than really blue.

#133 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
      • 372 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

Hi Ashley. I'm having issues with color schemes too!! I think black would be ok. Like short black dresses...what about black with a lighter color ribbon around the dress?

#134 BeachBride21

BeachBride21
        • 29 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

I am a February 2011 bride... likely at Riu Montego Bay. My FI and I are hoping to have our STDs out a year in advance. We need to finalize the resort though!

Happy planning to all the 2011 brides!

#135 Treenbean2011

Treenbean2011
          • 49 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

I am definitely sending out save the dates in January once I have a finalized guest list. I have a three dates in mind depending on what the resort has available when I am able to book. Tifuhhknee, have you thought of a resort yet. Our date will either be the 21,22, or 23 of April. We might be at the same resort on the same day. :)

#136 Treenbean2011

Treenbean2011
            • 49 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:17 PM

I think you could definitely have black dresses for your DW. It will be especially nice if your wedding is formal, but will be fine if it is informal, too. this is the great thing about DWs, anything goes! We are not bound by traditional wedding etiquette. If it is what you want, then it will be beautiful.

Always have fun ladies!!

#137 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
              • 631 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Treenbean2011
                I am definitely sending out save the dates in January once I have a finalized guest list. I have a three dates in mind depending on what the resort has available when I am able to book. Tifuhhknee, have you thought of a resort yet. Our date will either be the 21,22, or 23 of April. We might be at the same resort on the same day. :)
                I am so torn between lots of resorts, lol. I really like Dreams Cancun, Grand Sunset Princess, and Sandos Playacar right now. We are hoping for April 21, but would take either of the other dates you listed as well. What resort are you thinking?? Would be very cool to meet some BDW brides while there!

I think black would look amazing on the beach if it if short dresses. A good contrast to all the natural colors out there and it can work for any season.

#138 Treenbean2011

Treenbean2011
                • 49 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:18 AM

We will be getting married at the Excellence Riviera Cancun resort. This is where FI proposed, so it just seemed like the right place. It is an absolutely amazing place- beautiful, romantic, and everyone is royalty. We are thinking of doing a "honeymoon" at the Excellence resort in Playa Mujeres just thirty minutes north.

#139 Treenbean2011

Treenbean2011
                  • 49 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:22 AM

Has anyone thought about the legal ceremony to symbolic ceremony issue? From reading some of the other threads it seems a lot of other brides are having a courthouse ceremony at home and then having a symbolic ceremony for their wedding abroad. I suppose it does matter which resort you choose though.

#140 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
                    • 631 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:53 AM

Exellence Riviera Cancun is a beautiful resort, but we are looking for a place that is not adults only. My pregnant MOH with a terrible fear of flying is going to get on a plane for me but says she will bring her kid (who will be just over 1) with her. So that one is out of the cards for us :o(

As for legal vs symbolic... my FI feels like it would be wrong to have a "fake wedding" in Mexico after already getting married at home at the courthouse. I told him no one would have to know. Maybe we would do that on my birthday (2 weeks before we want to be married), then all the paperwork will be over with and filed for when we get back home. They say you still sign a certificate, it's just not legal, so no one would know the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users