Photo

Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#271 beach2009

beach2009
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

I did 7 consecutive days of Level 1 and just started on Level 2 this weekend. WOW, it's amazing how just 20 minutes gets my lungs burning. And that plank work, OMG it's intense but I think this will deliver results.

#272 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
    • 427 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

Girls, I'm going to Target to go get this video. I just started by Biggest Loser contest with some co-workers. It's a way to motivate myself to work out before the wedding. I need to tone up my arms and back for the pictures.

Jess

#273 MayBride2010

MayBride2010
      • 204 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

I ordered the DVD online and got it today!! I am going to start it tomorrow. I'm scared, Jillian loves making people hurt. :)

#274 saltocoach

saltocoach
        • 235 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

After wiping the dust off of the case I decided to do the dvd today. I'm in pretty good shape...well at least I thought I was! This dvd kicked my butt! I mean, I was shaking so much afterwards and my legs and rear end are very sore now. The bad thing is that I have to do a boot camp with my bridal party tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to walk! Please tell me it gets better?! If not....LIE to me!

#275 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by saltocoach
            After wiping the dust off of the case I decided to do the dvd today. I'm in pretty good shape...well at least I thought I was! This dvd kicked my butt! I mean, I was shaking so much afterwards and my legs and rear end are very sore now. The bad thing is that I have to do a boot camp with my bridal party tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to walk! Please tell me it gets better?! If not....LIE to me!
            I had to laugh, but laugh with you, not at you..This is exactly how I felt the first day I did it. But I will tell you honestly, it does get better. Eventually, you will get to a point where you can do level 1 without feeling like you're going to die! I think the more consistent you are with it, the better it will get. So stick with it! I know I've been on level 1 for awhile now but thats because I fell off the wagon. I will probably move on to level 2 sometime this week & see how that goes.

Good luck!

#276 Gr8ful

Gr8ful
            • 155 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

OMG, I love this video and have totally incorporated into my routine! I am a fairly consistent runner and relatively fit, but needed to shake it up a little. This video is GREAT -- and easy, you don't need to be coordinated at all (like me).

I was so sore when I first started using it, but it does get better if you have to keep doing it (the first "day after" was the hardest -- after all of those lunges -- ouch!). I think I am getting trimmer and my arms look better. And, I have so much more strength now when I do yoga, I can actually hold myself up.

I have been doing this 3-4 times / week since ~ November-ish. It is also great to travel with -- I use one of those crazy exercise bands for resistance instead of weights (too heavy to carry on a plane).

I also keep my fiance out of the room when I do this as I am super uncoordinated and look like a dork. He walked in once, and he won't make that mistake again! hahaha

#277 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
              • 340 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for all the reviews! I've been thinking about getting this one. I have about 20 pounds I want to drop before my wedding next August....I'm just soooo bad at sticking with a workout routine!

#278 Bridget810

Bridget810
                • 168 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:21 AM

I know I'm starting to sound like an infomercial. but I'm going to continue anyway. I started this video in March, and kept it up until May (my wedding date was May 11th), and it worked like a charm. I've had at least 10 facebook friends ask me where I got my abs/toned arms/etc. after they looked at my wedding photos--and now they are hooked on Jillian. I'm 29, and I never thought my body could look better than it did at 21--but apparently, it can! Honestly, this was the best workout that I can think of, especially during "crunch time". However, I did use it 5 times a week--if you skip days, it's brutal to try to get back into the Jillian routine. My best suggestion is to power through it--it really does get easier!

#279 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
                  • 609 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

I have been such a slacker since I posted this but since my wedding is not almost 3 months away (eek!) I am getting back on my routine. I start my alterations next week but they have a lot to take in because I got the dress big since I got it from ROTB. Hopefully once I got back for my second fitting I'll be all toned and there will be no back/arm flab!

#280 Jen_S

Jen_S
                    • 3,737 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

I also have to rave about this video I did for the 30 days leading up to us leaving for Mexico and my shoulders and arms were so much more toned then they were when I just went to the gym. I have now taken a break since the wedding and have started back at the gym 3 weeks ago and I do not see the results I got from the video so I am going to start it again.
                      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users