Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FoxyBride

Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

Recommended Posts

Hey ladies!!!  I did p90x before my wedding and saw awesome results...but I have now spent almost 60 days not working out (due to wedding/honeymoon/AHR/laziness), and even though I am still at the same smaller size, I added almost an inch back to my belly :oP.  In the final week of P90X, my upper back pain flared up big time, so when I tried to start it back up a week ago, I was in a lot of pain...SO, I purchased Jillian's 30 day shred and I just finished day 1!!!  Any feedback on the results I should hopefully see?  Are you all 'dieting' as well??  I am 5'4, 120lbs and a size 4, so I'm not looking to really lose much, but this belly has got to go!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Jess!

 

I lost about 6 pounds so far- I did the shred for 30 days and now alternating the shred with another one of Jilians videos.  I am not really dieting per say, I just try to eat better when I eat and not eat out as much.  I try not to drink as much either on the weekends.  I have definetly seen defination in my arms and my thighs and stomach has tightened up and I would say I have a 2-pack now, haha.  All of my pants are now baggy in the waist and the thighs! You will def see a change! Just give it about a week before you look for changes in your body! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome!!  I'm really looking for a thinning out and tightening of my stomach, but would definitely love for a little more arm definition!  I did measure myself yesterday, so I'll probably just measure myself again at the end to see how much has changed!  On to day 2!
 

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Hey Jess!

 

I lost about 6 pounds so far- I did the shred for 30 days and now alternating the shred with another one of Jilians videos.  I am not really dieting per say, I just try to eat better when I eat and not eat out as much.  I try not to drink as much either on the weekends.  I have definetly seen defination in my arms and my thighs and stomach has tightened up and I would say I have a 2-pack now, haha.  All of my pants are now baggy in the waist and the thighs! You will def see a change! Just give it about a week before you look for changes in your body! :)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok ladies.  So after I did day 1, I had to take a two day break.  I could barely get out of bed.  I did it again today and my body handled it better.  I have been keeping track of my weight in a journal.  So I'm happy to say that this morning I weighed in at 151 from 155 on Monday.  YAY!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey jszy - you and I are exactly the same size, and I completely know what you mean about the belly. have you tried insanity? it's all cardio, and I swear, in TWO WEEKS any belly flab I didn't like was GONE. my stomach was soooooooo flat. I loved it!

 

for the remaining 7 weeks, I gained muscle and lost inches around my thighs and butt. but nothing was quite as amazing as those first two weeks.

 

now I'm thinking of switching over to the 30 day shred, so I'll check in once I'm working out again. I need the outside temperatures to be below 100 before I seriously consider it (69 days above 100 degrees here in austin, texas this summer - arrrrgggghhhh!!!)

 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Hey ladies!!!  I did p90x before my wedding and saw awesome results...but I have now spent almost 60 days not working out (due to wedding/honeymoon/AHR/laziness), and even though I am still at the same smaller size, I added almost an inch back to my belly :oP.  In the final week of P90X, my upper back pain flared up big time, so when I tried to start it back up a week ago, I was in a lot of pain...SO, I purchased Jillian's 30 day shred and I just finished day 1!!!  Any feedback on the results I should hopefully see?  Are you all 'dieting' as well??  I am 5'4, 120lbs and a size 4, so I'm not looking to really lose much, but this belly has got to go!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey!!  Sorry I just realized I never responded to you.  I have tried a few of the insanity workouts, but I gotta say..they are nuts! haha.  But you really feel like it helped in just two weeks?  Did you do the program exactly how they designed it?  I have no idea why I am having such a problem with motivation and working out, but my belly pouch has officially gone beyond the point that I am willing to deal with, so i definitely need to do something :oP.  I guess this is what I get for doing P90X for 90 days and then NOTHING for the next 90!! UGHHH... So  unhappy with my midsection right now...
 

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

hey jszy - you and I are exactly the same size, and I completely know what you mean about the belly. have you tried insanity? it's all cardio, and I swear, in TWO WEEKS any belly flab I didn't like was GONE. my stomach was soooooooo flat. I loved it!

 

for the remaining 7 weeks, I gained muscle and lost inches around my thighs and butt. but nothing was quite as amazing as those first two weeks.

 

now I'm thinking of switching over to the 30 day shred, so I'll check in once I'm working out again. I need the outside temperatures to be below 100 before I seriously consider it (69 days above 100 degrees here in austin, texas this summer - arrrrgggghhhh!!!)

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh yes, I did follow the schedule almost completely, which means working out 6 out of 7 days a week. but the first five weeks went great and flew by. when it was over, I knew that I had worked, but I didn't feel that it was TOO hard. I didn't rely on the nutrition guide, but I did try to make healthier choices when eating (e.g. more whole grains, lean protein and veggies for dinner, etc).

 

things changed in the second month when the workouts were an hour long (and even more grueling, if you can believe it). I fell off the wagon towards the end but did manage at least one full week of working out daily somewhere in there. I definitely got a lot stronger, but I feel like the most dramatic physical improvements were made right in the beginning.

 

I definitely want to try jillian's program, especially knowing that it's 30 mins long. my original goal was to stay in shape until my wedding (may 2012), but the Texas heat wave put me off exercise for awhile. funny enough, I still haven't gained back my pre-insanity weight, despite not working out for the past 1 - 2 months. as soon as it cools off, I'm starting jillian's videos!

 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Hey!!  Sorry I just realized I never responded to you.  I have tried a few of the insanity workouts, but I gotta say..they are nuts! haha.  But you really feel like it helped in just two weeks?  Did you do the program exactly how they designed it?  I have no idea why I am having such a problem with motivation and working out, but my belly pouch has officially gone beyond the point that I am willing to deal with, so i definitely need to do something :oP.  I guess this is what I get for doing P90X for 90 days and then NOTHING for the next 90!! UGHHH... So  unhappy with my midsection right now...
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I've been trying to get ready for my up and coming wedding by working on my body for an awesome fit in my dress as well.  Like you, i've already been a size I am happy with but wanted to tone up and i wasn't happy with my midsection although my fiancee thinks i'm nuts.  Anyways, a friend of mine is a bodybuilder in NYC and has a Facebook Group called Art's Diet and Fitness that has been a Godsend to soo many people. I followed up on other people's successes and decided to follow his diet to reach my own goal.  In actual fact, his diet wasn't a diet as I expected at all. It meant changing my terrible eating habits from twice daily to having something 5 times a day with moderate exercise and cardo.  (I was killing myself with insanity too when didn't really need to)  Anyways....I've lost 5 pounds since August 1st which is about what i wanted to lose to start and I am working on my inches.  All I had to do was be disciplined to eat what I was told and eliminate what I was told. Having something 5 times a day was hard at first because i didn't eat a lot to begin with so I was sooo full. Now, I can't wait till it's time to eat something because my metabolism has sped up tremendously.  Hardest part for me was eliminating sugar, dairy and flour from my diet...lol  I've got 1 month to go and will be slipping on my dress next week to check my fit but people have already commented on the difference they've seen.  So....while it's all good to do all these exercise tapes and stuff.....they really wont give you the results you want unless you change your diet. Dieting is 80% what you eat and 20% physical exercise.

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Hey ladies!!!  I did p90x before my wedding and saw awesome results...but I have now spent almost 60 days not working out (due to wedding/honeymoon/AHR/laziness), and even though I am still at the same smaller size, I added almost an inch back to my belly :oP.  In the final week of P90X, my upper back pain flared up big time, so when I tried to start it back up a week ago, I was in a lot of pain...SO, I purchased Jillian's 30 day shred and I just finished day 1!!!  Any feedback on the results I should hopefully see?  Are you all 'dieting' as well??  I am 5'4, 120lbs and a size 4, so I'm not looking to really lose much, but this belly has got to go!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies, I'm on the second day of the 30 day shred and I'm liking it so far. I'm glad to hear that it has worked for you guys b/c I need all the motivation I can get. I'll be using this thread as a way of holding myself accountable b/c I need the extra push. The fact that the workouts are short definitely helps as well. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress, wish me luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×