Photo

Really Struggling with DIY Magnets - HELP!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

Hi ladies -- for those of you that did STD magnets through vistaprint or so, how did you do it??

I am struggling so much, I have done several designs using photos, clip art, wording, all in powerpoint because it's easy to use... but every time I try to upload them into vistaprint it says it is too low resolution, it's so frustrating, they show up all blurry.

Ann and others that did this, how did you get it to be the right resolution??

Here are some of my designs, they show up clear when I look at them on my computer... I don't understand!
    Margaret & Eric

#2 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
    • 420 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for your help ladies -- I removed these for privacy, and will post my final in the STD thread... Thanks.
      Margaret & Eric

#3 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hi Margaret. I used vista print too for my DIY magnets. I know they require extreme resolution. Are you wanting to get the large magnets or the small ones? I can help you resize the pixels and stuff. PM me your images and email and I'll do it for you with my photoshop :)

#4 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

Margaret-the second one is so cute-I love it.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

i have to admit, i really struggled with mine. i actually ordered 2 batches before i got it right - but they only charged me for 1 - they were great. i finally figured it out, but i called them for help once, and they were able to really walk me through it, and even touched it up for me while we were on the phone.

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

FYI - this was my STD

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:04 PM

I didn't do magnets or use vista print, but I have to say those are so cute. Margaret, I love the second design too. And Ann, yours turned out really cute...I've always liked that color combo and stripes are so much fun.
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#8 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
            • 420 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:55 PM

Thanks, that would be great! I'll send you email tomorrow (I'm running out right now)...

Ann, what parts were you struggling with? And what program did you use? Photoshop too? Maybe that's my problem.

Thanks ladies!
              Margaret & Eric

#9 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
              • 490 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

I am using Vistaprint for our STD magnets. I just got samples in the mail today. We are using one of their designs. Here are the 2 we are considering:
                Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

You want to know the truth? I just made that design in Excel - yes, a spreadsheet! Then I was able to save it off as a pdf - then uploaded that design to Vista

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users