My FI said he doesn't want to get married....and our wedding is in less than 3 months

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#81 becks

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:20 AM

I'm with Christa on this... You deserve better!

I know that's easy for me to say, and that right now you're hurting horribly. And for that, my heart just breaks for you and your kids.

We're here for you, whatever we can do, just ask!

Big, big hugs!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#82 dainanewell

• 203 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

Thanks...he moves out tomorrow....so I decided to move to my parents in New Brunswick....get a new start at life....the hard thing is that he will always be in my life because we have children....I will always let him see them whenever he wants and eventually move back after I have had time to heal and get my stuff in order....his familly is being really supportive and understand why I m moving.....I feel alot better now....I think I always knew things wouldn t work out between us but I didn t want to realize the truth.....thanks so much for all your support!!!

#83 Helen_S81

• 985 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

I'm so glad to hear you being so positive about this. I wish you lots of luck on your new adventures!

#84 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

I think it is good you are moving and starting new. Stay strong you deserve the greatest love and I pray you find that in your new start.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#85 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:59 PM

I second harty509, here in a few months time you will feel better no doubt some challenges are still to be faced.I am glad that you know where you stand now and the time he spent messing with your brain gave you time to reflect and get strong.Im also glad you got to speak with your families a problem shared is always a problem halved.Ive been there twice the second time my husband F..... WITH MY BRAIN.I came out a stronger person and am now with the person i should of met and married years ago.Every cloud has a silver lining.Go to your mums and get some TLC.SENDING YOU LOTS OF LOVE AND BEST WISHES MARIA.XXXX

#86 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

Good for you - you are caring for yourself & your children. Surrounding yourself with people who love you sounds like a good idea right now. Especially with your children. They need to have a buffer around them right now. Best wishes for healing & an optimistic future!

#87 Yari

• VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

You have the best attitude!

#88 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
              • 1,634 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

you do have a great attitude - and i think it will really help you moving away for a bit...nothing worst than facing a problem everyday your trying to get over

good luck lady

#89 jennierin

• 847 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

I just finished reading this whole thread and my heart goes out to you. I was in almost the exact situation 9 years ago...with the exception that I had just gotten married. Let me tell you from experience; it's hard...but it will get easier with time and you WILL get through this. Stay strong. My thoughts are with you.
                  First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#90 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:12 PM

Yari is right... Daina you have the best attitude!

Good luck girl!!!! Keep us posted on the big move... in every sense of the word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users