Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Dreams brides!  I have a question about photography.  We have the Dreams Ultimate package and it comes with the photographer from Vallarta Adventures and a 50 print book.  We think we would like to purchase the rights to all of the pictures after the wedding...like on a cd or something.  Has anyone done this?  How much did it cost?  Also, how long do you have the photographer for?  Are they  there the whole day getting ready through the reception?  Or do they come late/leave early?  Any info would be great!!

 

Thanks!

 

Dana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Danasb788,

We are also having the ultimate package and purchasing the remainder of the photos. I paid for mine in full a few months back to secure the price I was quoted (it was the 2010 price which they honoured), I think right now all of the pictures are around $1000 but not 100% sure, you can ask Fatima and she will send you the info. I spoke to Cristheell and she said that she will be there starting at the spa getting ready and all the way to the end. You can email Cristheell or Eder (both great photographers at Dreams) to discuss all the details. You'll be very happy with them I'm sure.
 

Originally Posted by danasb788 View Post

Hi Dreams brides!  I have a question about photography.  We have the Dreams Ultimate package and it comes with the photographer from Vallarta Adventures and a 50 print book.  We think we would like to purchase the rights to all of the pictures after the wedding...like on a cd or something.  Has anyone done this?  How much did it cost?  Also, how long do you have the photographer for?  Are they  there the whole day getting ready through the reception?  Or do they come late/leave early?  Any info would be great!!

 

Thanks!

 

Dana



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Thank you!  I was given the name Lili as a contact....she is the Adventures Photos supervisor I guess?  I just emailed her to ask for pricing on a CD for all of the pictures...we will see how much it went up in the past 2 years lol. 

Originally Posted by mllek1986 View Post

Hi Danasb788,

We are also having the ultimate package and purchasing the remainder of the photos. I paid for mine in full a few months back to secure the price I was quoted (it was the 2010 price which they honoured), I think right now all of the pictures are around $1000 but not 100% sure, you can ask Fatima and she will send you the info. I spoke to Cristheell and she said that she will be there starting at the spa getting ready and all the way to the end. You can email Cristheell or Eder (both great photographers at Dreams) to discuss all the details. You'll be very happy with them I'm sure.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were married January 2011 and bought a DVD with all the photos (edited & unedited) including the photos taken at our bonfire for $495 USD. We bought it the day we were leaving and it was ready within an hour or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I think it should still be around the $1,000. I was quoted $595 and then they said it went up so I made them honour that price (which is why I had to pay in full already)

Originally Posted by danasb788 View Post



Thank you!  I was given the name Lili as a contact....she is the Adventures Photos supervisor I guess?  I just emailed her to ask for pricing on a CD for all of the pictures...we will see how much it went up in the past 2 years lol. 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I was just quoted $1499 USD for 2011 price.  They said they arent sure if the prices will be going up in 2012, so that they cannot lock in prices now.  That price was for every image taken on the CD.  Is that what you asked for too?  That price seems high to me!  Our wedding planned (using destinationweddings.com) said that prices with the photographers are usually negotiable.  Has anyone found that to be true?  She told me to offer about half of what they are asking for.............

Originally Posted by mllek1986 View Post


I think it should still be around the $1,000. I was quoted $595 and then they said it went up so I made them honour that price (which is why I had to pay in full already)



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you ladies getting married here in January 2012? I figured this would be a super popular month but it doesn't seem like it. Maybe it's just a Canadian bride thing as its so cold up here at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



They quoted me at $1500 and they said that was the 2011 price.  They said that they would not promise that price for 2012 and that it may go up as well.  My wedding coordinator (from destinationweddings.com) said that prices are negotiable and that we should offer only half of what they are asking for.  Has anyone had any experience like this with them?  I am just not sure what to do??

Originally Posted by mllek1986 View Post


I think it should still be around the $1,000. I was quoted $595 and then they said it went up so I made them honour that price (which is why I had to pay in full already)



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

For those past brides, How long did it take to get your hair/makeup done at the salon? Just trying to figure out how much time to have for getting ready and when to start getting ready.

 

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×