DIY hair dying

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

I have decided to try and dye my own boring brown hair (and to cover some grey coming through). I don't want to have a drastic change but a colour boost of some kind would be nice. I have gone and gotten highlights before but am trying to save $. I tried Nice and Easy this weekend and didn't mind the result although FI said it looked the exact same.

Any suggestions for a good brand, or what I can do at home??
    Like our first kiss all over again

#2 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:21 AM

Hi Sara,

I'm a hairdresser so you have a Sally Beauty Supply in Canada?? If you do the best thing to do on a DIY color is pick out something you love in the swatches... (now are you going darker/the same or lighter.. now that is the question?) If going darker/same.. find the color you like and pick up 20 volume developer (usually on the bottom shelf under the colors)... along with the liquid color. Make sure they are the same brand. Also look for a tiny packet of "Grey Gone" or something of that matter... check with the person working at the store. Mix all the components together and time it as suggested on the color/developer bottle.. You should be a go after that...

Also, look for warm hue's as it is turning fall ... something with a slight tint of gold/red... this will make the color shine with a bunch of tonal fun.

If you have any other questions PM me!!!

#3 Marnie&Peter

• 302 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:49 AM

I recently used Perfect 10...colours your hair in 10 minutes..no joke! I thought about putting it in longer because i didnt really trust it, but i worked....

#4 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

I always used Garnier Nutrise and it worked awesome! Good luck!

#5 Bisha

• 265 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

I used L'oreal on myself and my mom. Well actually my BF colored my hair before and I did my mom's and it always comes out great!

#6 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:00 PM

I've used Nice & Easy for years. Maybe you picked a shade too close to your natural color?

#7 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

I always dye out of the box and was really pleased with Garnier Nutrisse... my hair actually felt good after coloring it...I am 24 and have tons of greys! Eeek!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users