Photo

How long were you engaged??

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Bisha

Bisha
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

We were engaged for 3 years before we got married. But, that was only because I was in grad school

#12 Jenn

Jenn
    • 1,557 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:08 AM

We were engaged for 7 months. I liked being engaged, but honestly, I love being married. And I'm sort of glad that the stress of wedding planning was short, because I would've made myself nuts with a year to plan - lol.

#13 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

We were engaged for 1 year and 1 month. I would have had it a lot shorter. It seemed forever to wait to get married (even though I waited almost 5 years for a ring...lol), but with a DW I wanted to give my guests enough notice so it had to be that long.

#14 KLC77

KLC77
        • 2,207 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:01 PM

We were engaged Christmas of 2006 and are getting married January 2009, so just over two years. It doesn't bother me at all. I wouldn't have wanted to rush to plan anything and it took us forever to decide a DW was what would really make us happy and not the big wedding everyone expected us to have.
          ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#15 *Casey*

*Casey*
          • 5,209 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

We got engaged May 17th of this year, and are getting married May 16 of next. Almost a year exactly.

#16 Sloan

Sloan
            • 1,279 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:46 PM

We got engaged May '08 and are getting married in April '09. 11 months is long enough for us.

#17 bride2b08

bride2b08
              • 41 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

wow, Im glad to hear everyone else has been engaged over a year too!! I got the ring after 5 years, and have been engaged for 1 year, and still havent planned a thing.. Were both slackers!!LOL

#18 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:31 PM

Exactly 1 1/2 years to the day

#19 SoontobeMsKniss

SoontobeMsKniss
                  • 715 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

We got engaged in April so by the time we are married it will be 1 year and 1 month.

#20 *Lo*

*Lo*
                    • 2,993 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

We got engaged in June of this year and are getting married in October of 2010. So that is...over 2 years! My FI has moved to go back to school so we are doing the long distance thing for 2 years. I think if that weren't the case we would probably get married in Oct of 2009. And that would make me happy because it is still too far away to get much into the planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users