Our new baby (PICS)...

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
  • VIP Member
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:46 AM

Apparently, we felt a brand new house without physical flaws needed some type of "breaking in". So we adopted Buster and brought him home today. He belches like a grown man, has farts to rival a breast-fed baby, he blows water bubbles when he drinks, snores louder than the TV when he sleeps, snorts while he gallops around the yard, is afraid of the dark, but somehow, all of that makes him all the more endearing to us.

Buster is ALL puppy--- clumsy legs with a horse like gallop, jowels that flap in the wind like a parachute, and a center of gravity similar to an SUV.

He's an 8 month old purebred Boxer from the SPCA. Frank has always wanted a Boxer, and the timing was right now that we have a huge yard and room in the house.

Pictures aren't the greatest... it was getting dark by the time we got home and I really hate TTL flash photos... I'll take more tomorrow when the lighting is better, and post them if I get something I like from them...

Click the image to open in full size.

And, our firstborn baby.... Raven:

#2 zoeysmom1204

zoeysmom1204
    • 218 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:22 AM

auh your pup is adorable!!! what did your other dog think when you brought him home?

#3 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:35 AM

It's been pretty good between the two of them so far. We took Raven with us to the SPCA and let the two of them spend about an hour together, getting used to each other.

It'll take awhile for them to define their boundaries and dominance, but Raven is pretty patient and we're making sure to treat them both the same (ie, if I'm petting Buster, then Frank is petting Raven).

They're both playing real good with each other so far. We'll have some "extras" to teach Buster so he acclimates to our house better. For example, Raven "self feeds"--- she can have a full bowl of food for days, and only eats when she's hungry. Buster "time feeds"---- he gulps down his allotment in the morning, then again in the evening.

I started working with Buster tonight on basic commands (Come, Sit, Down). He's already responding quickly, so I think this will go pretty well.

#4 happygilmore

happygilmore
        • 576 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:49 AM

How cute! It's always so much fun to have a new fur-baby in the houes!

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:48 AM

Maria, he is really cute!

#6 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

I wanna squeeze him!! He's so cute!!

#7 DLyteful

DLyteful
              • 879 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

Both your babies are totally cute!

#8 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:48 AM

he's so cute! i love boxers :)

#9 Jenn

Jenn
                  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:57 AM

So adorable! New fur-babies are the best! Our older dog was self feeding prior to getting our puppy, but we've had to switch her to being time fed as well. Absolutely no way to leave a bowl of food on the floor with our big mush-ball around! He gobbles every piece of food up in 2 seconds flat!

#10 lucy106

lucy106
                    • 2,880 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

Congratulations on your new addition!! He is adorable!! and the big sister is awesome too!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users