Photo

JUNE 2009 BRIDES post

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#121 JoLo908

JoLo908
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

OMG, you ladies are freaking me out! I still have so much to do... I have so much going on, I need to find time for all of it!

#122 scottgm2

scottgm2
    • 229 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

you want to start fittings early so they can order your dress and have time to do a final fitting

#123 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
      • 382 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ashey063009
        lol It's a great date-- it'll actually be our 5 year anniversary that day.
        Our date June 11, will be our 7 year anniversary!

#124 ashey063009

ashey063009
        • 604 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by soon2bePowers
          Our date June 11, will be our 7 year anniversary!
          Aww, I love that! Are you two doing anything special at the wedding to commemorate the anniversary, like symbolizing it in some way? (other than tying the knot of course, lol!)

FI and I were going to get my band made with 5 diamonds, but 10 looked sooo much better... I'm looking for a fun way to incorporate the "5" into our day. :)

#125 MarieSam

MarieSam
          • VIP Member
          • 2,336 posts
            • LocationSouthern California

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

Our wedding is on June 26th, and that will be the 10th year anniversary of our first date!!

#126 divadivine25

divadivine25
            • 427 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~Debra~
              So when is everyone starting their fittings? I really didn't want to start until May. Is that too late?
              My first fitting is Wednesday. The seamstress is very popular and I didn't want to get caught up in wedding/prom season so we plan to get an early start. My dress only needs minor alterations (shorten hem, add bustle, tighten bust) so I don't think its too early. My bm's go for their first fitting April 28th.

#127 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
              • 475 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

Some of you make me feel so far behind, but I think I am on track. I have a feeling that April and May are going to be insane.

I have gotten a lot of the basics done...location and travel booked, invites out (it is fun getting RSVPs back), all but my final fitting is done for my dress, BM dresses and jewelry selected, photographer booked for all events, FI, Father's and ring bearer's outfits should arrive in the next couple of weeks, AHR site booked and menu set, DJ for AHR selected, florist for AHR decor, and flower ordered through Hibiscus Florals for DW.

Things to work on in the next week or two:
                Pre-wedding travel booklet (have gotten some great examples from other ROR and RMB brides)
                Order bands (they are custom and we need to order no later than April 1st)
                E-session with photographer

I am awaiting more RSVPs/counts before ordering guest book/guest book pages, OOT bags and contents (have a list going), fans, etc.

I have to admit it is all of the little things that are left that have me worried. I cannot believe how long the list is...
                Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#128 akbeach

akbeach
                • 169 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

June 20 is coming up fast!
                  My dress arrived, invites are out, photographer booked, BM dresses sent out to the girls

Need to:
                  order wedding bands, figure out what to do for OOT bags, get shoes so I can have my dress altered, order cake topper...

June is almost here!
                  http://cancunphotos.bigfolioblog.com/
                  Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#129 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                  • 382 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

I have a lot of stuff done but the list seems to go on and on.

OTT Bags-Done
                    Cake Topper Received-Needs to be blinged-out
                    Sand Ceremony Received-Need to order sand
                    Dress-2 more fittings
                    Jewelry Done
                    FI Band-About to order
                    Music for ceremony-Need to decide on
                    Pre-Travel Brochure-Need to finish and send out
                    My rings-Need to get dipped and cleaned
                    FI and GM-Bought, needs to be altered

That's all I can think of for now. Time is flying!

#130 ~Debra~

~Debra~
                    • 500 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

I guess I should make an appt for my first fitting. Gosh where is the time going. I feel like someone else said....alot of little stuff but the list just seems like its not getting shorter. I must admit I am beginning to feel a little overwhelmed. Its like all this wedding stuff is getting in the way of life, ya know? I secretly want to hire a wedding planner for these last 3 months. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get through it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users