Photo

My FI is in the hospital :(

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:02 AM

So, FI had TERRIBLE pain this morning. He was curled up on the floor AT WORK and just about crying (don't tell him I told you that lol). Had to drive himself to the ER. He has kidney stones. I'm actually relieved that that's what it turned out to be. They gave him 3 shots of morphine in the ER and it didn't help the pain at all. He almost threw up it hurt so badly. So, they did a cat scan and found several stones, but two of them are large. He has to stay overnight in the hosptial to see if he can pass them on his own or if they have to do surgery tomorrow. I stayed with him for 7 hours and he was feeling better when I left. No more pain anyway, but he still hadn't passed any stones.

It was so sad to see my cutie so unhappy and in pain. Hopefully when I call him in the morning he will have passed the stones and won't have to have any procedures done. I know he is NOT looking forward to that if it has to happen. I'm just thankful that it didn't turn out to be something more serious.
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#2 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:04 AM

That's horrible. I hear kidney stones are super painful. I hope he feels better soon!

#3 yamille

yamille
      • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:19 AM

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry he is in pain. I hope he passes the stones and doesn't need to go through anything else.

Glad that they knew what it was right away and were able to help him somewhat.

* as a sidenote- I saw this post after I sent you your gift....

#4 Christi

Christi
        • 1,905 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:20 AM

I've heard they are extremely painful...good to hear he's OK albeit some pain!

#5 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

Oh no, so glad he went to the hospital. Poor guy!

#6 JoLo908

JoLo908
            • 889 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:34 AM

Oh that's terrible! My friend and I were just talking about kidney stones and she said many women say they are worse than labor... I have no experience with this, but that stinks! I will keep him in my prayers!

#7 EricaG

EricaG
              • 1,915 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:28 AM

Sorry to hear that your FI is going through this. Lucky I have not experienced this pain, but I have heard that it is not very nice, and I have seen people going through this pain, and usually the pain meds don't do a lot for it.
                FYI - The kidney stone is a bunch of sediments that form into crystals. The pain comes from the edges for the crystals, as they are razor sharp!!! Ouch!!
                http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:16 AM

Oh I am so sorry to hear that my FI had kidney stones I know what your going through. He will be fine though.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 lscilley

lscilley
                  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

Sorry to hear that your FI is in so much pain I hope he feels better soon.

#10 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                    • 4,881 posts
                    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                    • LocationNew York

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:43 AM

Oh Kelly!!!! Your poor FI!

I've never had them, but I've held people's hands when they've suffered thru them. He has all of my sympathy and then some.

Once this is over, check with a nutritionist - ususally there's something in the diet that can be altered to reduce the chance of a recurrance. You can also check - depending on what his are (specifically), sometimes they can use ultrasound (I think it's ultrasound) to break them up.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users