Sign in to follow this  
Jen_S

Tan Lines

The only thing I can contribute is to do what teh other ladies have suggested.

Get a good base tan, wear strapless or alternate straps. If you are just laying out, move them around.

Be sure you wear sunscreen, especially if you do wear something with straps. If you burn, you can always see the edges.

I would take some Jergens or other lotion with a small amount of self-tanner. Put it on to help even your color out, without turning orange.

Self tanner is SCARY !!!!

I am trying to stay out of the sun as much as possible... but the problem is... we land on Saturday afternoon, and the wedding isn't till Wednesday afternoon....

AHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarillis View Post
I hate the way those 'bandeau' tops look... I dunno about you girls, but my boobs look like oranges in socks in one of those tops...

my solution is to wear at all times before the wedding a strapless top, on top of my regular bikini, unless I am in the water, I am wearing that strapless shirt - like the ones with the built in bra from victoria secret....

Click the image to open in full size.

ps... that isn't me... that would be a pipe dream

LMAO.....I'm so happy to know I'm not the only girl whose boobs look terrible in those bandeau tops!!!!!! cheer2.gif

i plan to do the "fake and bake" like kamay said, then use sunscreen and also if I have to tan in a bottle to help out with this, although I do have spaghetti straps, I am still worried about the lines also

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMAY11 View Post
LMAO.....I'm so happy to know I'm not the only girl whose boobs look terrible in those bandeau tops!!!!!! cheer2.gif
HAhahahaha, well ladies at least you HAVE oranges. Mine are a little more like grapes.

Great advise by the way!

I can't wear those little strapless bikini tops either. As for oranges and grapes, try having watermelons hanging in socks! Isn't that an image you don't want!!! Well, that would be me.

I will be getting to the resot after dark on Thurs and the wedding is Sun afternoon. I will be getting a base tan before going down so I don't burn. Otherwise I will just have to figure out my outfits for the first few days. I never really thought of that before, Thanks for the heads up.

I just tie the halter straps of my halter bikini behind by back while tanning, then while walkign around, swimming (and if anyone takes a pic!) I put the straps back up teh normal way. Sure, it doesn't look so sexy with the straps tied that way but it works and is efficient.

I do this all the time (not just before my wedding) as I hate tan lines

That is a good idea. I will have to start pulling out some tops that I am taking and see how well they will work or if I need go get more tops.