• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Floreria Rayen

Floreria Rayen
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Floreria Rayen
    I've seen a lot of brides asking for the sunset time on their wedding day.

I finally found a page with accurate information and not just for Cabo San Lucas, but for all major cities in the world.

Hope it helps!

Sunrise, Sunset Calendars and Local Time

Then hit the link that says custom sunrise and sunset calendar, and look for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Then you set the month and the year, and it's ready!

Good luck to everybody!

This web page (Sunrise, Sunset Calendars and Local Time) considers the DST (Daylight Saving Time) +/- 1 hour. That's probably the difference, because all the other pages don't do it. That's why I thought this one would it be the more accurate one.

In Mexico, the DST starts the first sunday of March.

Good Luck and happy planning!

#82 hayley

hayley
    • 70 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

So after you figure out when sunset actually is, how long before sunset is ideal to have your wedding? If its at 6:30, would a 5:00 or 5:30 wedding be OK I guess the point is to have sunlight when you are getting married but be able to take sunset pics afterward right?

#83 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
      • 5,705 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by hayley
        So after you figure out when sunset actually is, how long before sunset is ideal to have your wedding? If its at 6:30, would a 5:00 or 5:30 wedding be OK I guess the point is to have sunlight when you are getting married but be able to take sunset pics afterward right?
        Yes, an hour to hour 1/2 will suffice for the pics after the ceremony.

#84 boston_012

boston_012
        • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

I think this site is the authoritative guide on sunrise/sunset for anywhere on the planet. You just need to plug in the coordinates in decimal form.

University of Oregon Sun Chart

Cabo=22.883333N 109.9W (type that in as {negative} -109.9)

It will also tell you the location of the sunset on the horizon, since that moves throughout the year as well.

#85 sstotz

sstotz
          • 298 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:26 AM

I was told by my WC that the sun sets in June at around 7:30, so the ceremony should start at 7pm.. However, after looking at a few sunset pictures, I think I'll start at 7 so that it doesnt go dim to quickly..
            ~Soon to be Shanny May
            June 20th, 2009
            Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#86 Mark Romine

Mark Romine
            • 75 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

A little tip on finding the exact time of sunset anywhere in the world. If you are an iPhone user. There is a free app that you can download and install on your iPhone called Sunrise, it can be found here: Sunrise — Sunrise and Sunset Calculator Application for iPhone and iPod touch

#87 Monkbridetobe

Monkbridetobe
              • 49 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

wow... sunset is @ 5:30 in November, glad I found that out. Thanks!

#88 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mark Romine
                  A little tip on finding the exact time of sunset anywhere in the world. If you are an iPhone user. There is a free app that you can download and install on your iPhone called Sunrise, it can be found here: Sunrise — Sunrise and Sunset Calculator Application for iPhone and iPod touch
                  Thanks I just got this app. My sunset time for Nov 6th is 5:38.

#89 Mark Romine

Mark Romine
                  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Erika J
                    Thanks I just got this app. My sunset time for Nov 6th is 5:38.
                    Great! Then it will also tell you when twilight ends (or darkness begins) assuming it is a clear day. If it is cloudy it will dark even sooner.

mark

#90 Peaches2010

Peaches2010
                    • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:03 AM

Hello All!

I spoke to our wedding photographer who just did a wedding at the Riu Palace in Cabo San Lucas in March 2009, and he told me that sunset at the time of the year is around 6-6:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users