Sunset Time for Cabo San Lucas

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
  • VIP Member
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

I must sound really lame, but due to the change in daylight saving next year, and the fact that Cabo is on Mountain time I am really confused about the sunset time for our wedding. Even worse is that I have read and heard conflicting stories on when sunset will be. Some sites say 6:30, while others tell me 5:30.

I am leaving for 10 days to Asia next Wednesday and really want to get my invites to the printer prior to going. I feel like a dumbass but I can't figure this out. Anyone know or have a reliable site to check it?

#2 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

That's a tough question with Daylight savings time and all. I thought I had a good website for you, but did further research and got myself confused.

It looks like daylight savings time in Baja California Sur, Mexico happens the first Sunday of April. http://www.timetempe...exico_dst.shtml

Here is the website I use to determine sunset times http://www.sunrisesu...s_calendar2.asp

Using the above info, it looks like the sunset would be at 6:30pm on March 24, 2007.

Tough question, looks like it depends on the day we "spring forward" our clocks. Might want to contact someone in Mexico to make sure.

Doubt I helped...but I tried...
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#3 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
      • 108 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

Great tool! Thanks!
        KM
        Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#4 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
        • VIP Member
        • 931 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
          That's a tough question with Daylight savings time and all. I thought I had a good website for you, but did further research and got myself confused.

It looks like daylight savings time in Baja California Sur, Mexico happens the first Sunday of April. http://www.timetempe...exico_dst.shtml

Here is the website I use to determine sunset times http://www.sunrisesu...s_calendar2.asp

Using the above info, it looks like the sunset would be at 6:30pm on March 24, 2007.

Tough question, looks like it depends on the day we "spring forward" our clocks. Might want to contact someone in Mexico to make sure.

Doubt I helped...but I tried...
          thanks Cabobride. I found the same answer through the NOAA website today. Because we're close (time-wise) to the time change it's very difficult to figure out. People that we have spoken with in Cabo are telling us that sunset will be at 5:30... who knows!

I am going to email my coordinator and ask her if she knows.

thanks again! :)

#5 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:24 PM

Be sure to post the actual sunset time when you get it figured out..... now I'm curious! ...thanks!
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:43 PM

OK, now I'm confused. Here's my understanding (as a March bride) --> DST begins March 11, 2007. Sunset for my date 3/17 is 7:29 pm. Sunset is 7:32 the following Sat 3/24.

Until I read this...
              MEXICO TIME ZONES
              Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
              Mexico uses three time zones. Most of the country uses Central Standard Time. The Mexico states of
              Chihuahua, Nayarit, Sonora, Sinaloa and Baja California Sur use Mountain Standard Time and Baja California Norte uses Pacific Standard Time.

Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 a.m. local time on the first Sunday in April. On the last Sunday in October areas on Daylight Saving Time fall back to Standard Time at 2:00 a.m. The names in each time zone change along with Daylight Saving Time. Central Standard Time (CST) becomes Central Daylight Time (CDT), and so forth. The state of Sonora does not observe Daylight Saving Time.

#7 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
              • VIP Member
              • 931 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:55 PM

holy sh-t Christa. I was hoping that you would chime in. This is SOOOO confusing, even more so because I am trying to get my invites done and book a time slot for the mariachi and can't until I have an idea of the sunset time.

I was hoping that you would chime in with some advice...

Maybe I'll just stick with 5pm. If the sunset is at 6:30 then we're good. At 7:30 we're okay too... .5:30 could be problematic.

how is this so hard?!?!

#8 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                • VIP Member
                • 931 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:21 PM

Christa, I think it's around 6:30 per this site

http://geography.abo....gaisma.com/en/

The roman numerals on the bottom represent months, and the numbers on the right represent time (in hours)

so per that graph, the time change occurs the first week of April (as you have read) and so the sun will set around 6:30 for our weddings.

#9 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                  • VIP Member
                  • 931 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.... here is another answer to this question -

per my coordinator just a second ago:

Sunrise: 7:20am
                    Sunset: 7:32pm
                    Moonrise: 11:39am
                    Moonset: 12:56am

When I asked her to confirm, this is what she sent:

The time calendar I sent you already considers the day light saving time Those are local current times for those dates.

Anything else let me know :)

Rosy

wtf? so after daylight saving it does not get dark until 8?

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,659 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:43 PM

hey tash,

we had our reception a few minutes after 6pm-about 6:30...started taking pics around 6:45 and have NO sunset pics...so my guess is sunset around 7:30-7:45 for us...our date may 27th.

HTH

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users