Photo

Sunset Time for Cabo San Lucas

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 mpark46

mpark46
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

I found this site, which says that sunset in July 2008 is right around 7PM, and another site that says the sunset is at 8PM. OY! Who is right

2008 July Sunrise and Sunset - Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico in Mexico

http://sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp

#62 Bradley Fraser

Bradley Fraser
    • 74 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

This says it all for 2008. Right click and save to your hearts delight.

Click the image to open in full size.

#63 Denise40

Denise40
      • 407 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

Thanks so much for sharing. We will be there in June.

#64 Bradley Fraser

Bradley Fraser
        • 74 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:00 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

#65 unikphoto

unikphoto
          • Vendor
          • 87 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

thanks for the tip, all is very helpful!
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mpark46
            I found this site, which says that sunset in July 2008 is right around 7PM, and another site that says the sunset is at 8PM. OY! Who is right

2008 July Sunrise and Sunset - Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico in Mexico

http://sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp

#66 cndisue58

cndisue58
            • 19 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

My wedding is in Cabo in July, and the minister there (who performs tons of sunset weddings) just told me sunset is 7:04, so he recommended a 6:00 wedding. Hope that helps.

#67 Bradley Fraser

Bradley Fraser
              • 74 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

Your Minister needs to check his watch but by his miscalculation he has done you a favor. Sunsets in July range around 8:00 p.m. (plus or minus 10 minutes). It is best to schedule your ceremony at least 1.5 hours before the sunset. In your case it will be around 2.0 hours. Getting the best bits of the suns last rays also depends on your location as some spots are obscured by buildings, hills or palms. All this from a photographers perspective trying to get the best light for the best photos.

#68 heather1172

heather1172
                • 39 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

Wow, that's confusing. So, what time do you think sunset would be mid february? Does mexico recognize daylight savings time?

#69 unikphoto

unikphoto
                  • Vendor
                  • 87 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

Jus wanted to compliment on the very nice pic that just above the collage. I really love it! Have a great day.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jessalyn
                    That's a tough question with Daylight savings time and all. I thought I had a good website for you, but did further research and got myself confused.

Sorry, just wanted to complement on the pic that above, really looks nice with the water as a fore-ground. I haven't seen many of those pics, it's a great idea, though. sorry to bother, great day to you. .I love the pictureIt looks like daylight savings time in Baja California Sur, Mexico happens the first Sunday of April. Mexico Daylight Saving Time

Here is the website I use to determine sunset times http://www.sunrisesu...s_calendar2.asp

Using the above info, it looks like the sunset would be at 6:30pm on March 24, 2007.

Tough question, looks like it depends on the day we "spring forward" our clocks. Might want to contact someone in Mexico to make sure.

Doubt I helped...but I tried...

#70 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
                    • 672 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

I was there last week and the sun was setting about 7:45. Not sure if this helps, but...if DST is the same next year it will give you an idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users