how soon before DW can i legally marry???

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Michelle

• Banned
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

heyy just wondering if anyone knows how soon before my DW can i legally marry?? my FI has been married before so the paperwork to legally marry in Cuba is too much! i want to do the legal part at home a couple months before our DW but dont want it to be too soon and the resort to get upset....anyone have any advice

#2 limon_b

• 58 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:14 PM

I really doubt the resort will be upset. It will just be another ceremony for them.
      We are getting married in the DR on 10/4/08 and did our legal wedding on 4/15/08. I have not even told the resort.

#3 KAMAY11

• 456 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

The resort does not need to know when you plan to legally marry your FI. We are doing the legal part @ home and having a symbolic ceremony in Mexico...my WC has not asked when our 'legal' day is...to be honest, don't think it's any of their business!
        D & K
        October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

#4 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

You can get legally married whenever you wish! The resort doesn't care when or where you get legally married. They just care that you pay them. LOL. So go ahead and get married whenever you like!

#5 Michelle

• Banned
          • 302 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

ok awesome LOL!! i want to get the legal part done a couple months before so as soon as we get home from our DW I can change my name right away :o)

#6 beachbride08

• VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

We had our legal ceremony in July and aren't having our Mexico wedding until November. I'm not changing my name until after our wedding though since neither of our families know we got legally hitched already.

#7 luckyj711

• 39 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

We are getting married at the end of September. Colorado takes 4-6 weeks to provide the paperwork. We are giving ourselves a little cushion just in case it takes a little longer to get the paperwork back. Funny thing is our friends are getting married in the mountains so we are taking the day off to head up their wedding....since we both have the day off already we are going to swing by and get married on the way :)

#8 Kelly C

Kelly C
                • 2,051 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:04 PM

We are getting legally married Sept 5 and our mexico wedding is in Oct. My resort hasn't said a word.
                  Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#9 KirstenRN6

• 220 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

We are having our legal ceremony next Friday, August 29th! Our DW is December 11th. So like everyone else has said, it doesn't really matter! Whatever you choose to do will be just fine.

#10 soon2bePowers

• 382 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

When you had your legal ceremony did you go casual? Invite anyone? It is such a hassle getting legally married in Mexico!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users