Sign in to follow this  
Michelle

how soon before DW can i legally marry???

heyy just wondering if anyone knows how soon before my DW can i legally marry?? my FI has been married before so the paperwork to legally marry in Cuba is too much! i want to do the legal part at home a couple months before our DW but dont want it to be too soon and the resort to get upset....anyone have any advicehuh.gif

Shelly,

I really doubt the resort will be upset. It will just be another ceremony for them.

We are getting married in the DR on 10/4/08 and did our legal wedding on 4/15/08. I have not even told the resort.

The resort does not need to know when you plan to legally marry your FI. We are doing the legal part @ home and having a symbolic ceremony in Mexico...my WC has not asked when our 'legal' day is...to be honest, don't think it's any of their business! cheesy.gif

You can get legally married whenever you wish! The resort doesn't care when or where you get legally married. They just care that you pay them. LOL. So go ahead and get married whenever you like!

We had our legal ceremony in July and aren't having our Mexico wedding until November. I'm not changing my name until after our wedding though since neither of our families know we got legally hitched already.

We are getting married at the end of September. Colorado takes 4-6 weeks to provide the paperwork. We are giving ourselves a little cushion just in case it takes a little longer to get the paperwork back. Funny thing is our friends are getting married in the mountains so we are taking the day off to head up their wedding....since we both have the day off already we are going to swing by and get married on the way :)

We are having our legal ceremony next Friday, August 29th! Our DW is December 11th. So like everyone else has said, it doesn't really matter! Whatever you choose to do will be just fine.