Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#791 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

jlizabethm,
    Thank you for posting your questions with answers from Jacy. It really helps a lot. Not only does it give answers to questions I already have but also some I haven't thought about yet. It is so hard having a vision of what I want but not sure how it is going to happen.
    I did notice that Jacy answers part of the questions, not always the entire thing you are asking. It may be a language thing. Or maybe we should ask two parts to the same question as two separate questions. Hmmm, something for me to remember next time I email her.
    Thanks again! You have been very helpful.

#792 Jesdinan

Jesdinan
    • 48 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

jlizabethm.

Thank you so much for posting your questions and answers! Many of those questions I am not sure that I would have even thought to ask but it gave me great ideas about what I need to be thinking about to plan and prepare for the wedding.

As far as getting legally married in Mexico, my fiance and I decided against it as well. It just seemed like the costs would really add up - blood tests, converting the birth certificates to Spanish, having to be in Mexico for four entire days before the wedding, the process of getting your actual marriage certificate, etc. I picked a destination wedding because I want it to be easy and relaxed so we ultimately decided do all the paperwork before hand. I am not sure that we will tell anyone though!

#793 lp579

lp579
      • 70 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:06 PM

jlizabethm,

We're getting legally married in May and so far it's a very simple process with only a few extra costs. The blood tests are done at the resort on the first business day after you arrive, and you only need your passport and the card they give you at the airport. You don't need translated anything if you haven't been married before. As for validating the marriage at home, we live in BC and they don't have a registry for any marriages outside of BC so it's legal with just the marriage certificate given at the ceremony. It's a total personal decision, but we choose to do the legal ceremony as we wanted to have the experience only once with everyone around. =) Thanks so much for your posted questions/answers!

#794 Bianca

Bianca
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

All those Q&As are great!!! I have a no idea what questions I should be asking, so it really helps! I just started a new job (full time! I used to only work like 15 hours a week) and its killing me! I have no time or desire to do anything wedding related. I need to get my menu choices to Jacy along with flowers and stuff since we are so close to the date... Its all catching up to me...
          19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
          http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#795 jlizabethm

jlizabethm
          • 24 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

Thanks all for your help with the process of getting married in Mexico. I'm still up in the air. It looks to cost about $500.00 to do this and it's only $35 at the courthouse. Hmm...I'll keep everyone posted on what I decide and how it goes. Thanks for your comments and help!

#796 2010wedding

2010wedding
            • 203 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Beautiful Bride
              QUOTE=2010wedding;742538]Hiya Jen-
              Thanks for the info...I think I will wait and see also. Is this the El patio or something like that Jacy means?
              Janna
              I think it's just out by the pool and they set up tables etc right there. I had a look at the map and the El Patio is near the ocean not too far from the wedding gazebo. It's really hard to figure out what you want when you haven't been there to see. I think I could easily lose my mind trying to get it all set, so if it becomes too much hassle, I will just figure it out when I get there...which is saying a lot cuz I'm a control freak.

Let me know if u decide on anything or get any new ideas![/QUOTE]

Great! Thanks for checking the map for me. Where are you having your reception dinner?
              Haha..I am a control freak too!! Great minds think alike no?

Janna

#797 badrianne

badrianne
              • 252 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for posting the answers.
                61 guest booked+ bride and groom

Click for planning tread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-58636/
                Click for my wedding review of Dreams Puerto Aventuras http://bestdestinati....9/#post1311321
                check out my photos http://www.photograp.../JOSH-ADRIANNE/

#798 RoryS

RoryS
                • 230 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

ok, girls - time to get excited... Baltobabe is at DPA and has posted the first of hopefully many many pictures:
                  April 5th 187 pictures from vacations photos on webshots

#799 AlliMay

AlliMay
                  • 71 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for posting that link RoryS!

I always want to see more photos of the resort...

#800 MonicaC

MonicaC
                    • 56 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jesdinan
                      jlizabethm.

Thank you so much for posting your questions and answers! Many of those questions I am not sure that I would have even thought to ask but it gave me great ideas about what I need to be thinking about to plan and prepare for the wedding.

As far as getting legally married in Mexico, my fiance and I decided against it as well. It just seemed like the costs would really add up - blood tests, converting the birth certificates to Spanish, having to be in Mexico for four entire days before the wedding, the process of getting your actual marriage certificate, etc. I picked a destination wedding because I want it to be easy and relaxed so we ultimately decided do all the paperwork before hand. I am not sure that we will tell anyone though!
                      We are getting married in the court before we go as well....mainly for military move purposes....our move is the same time as the wedding! Anyway, we just decided we are not going to tell anyone as it is not a date we are celebrating, wearing the wedding band or anything like that! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users