Any other 2010 Brides out there????

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#121 dolphin

dolphin
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

Hi ladies,
    I am booked at Dreams Cancun for January 2010. I already sent out the invites to my immediate family and have a website up. I was originally going to do June 2009, but it was just coming so fast and I had no idea the organizing that goes into this. I am very happy I gave myself more time, it is so much less stressful. I have not received prices from my TA, I can't wait to book. Hopefully prices will be out soon.
    Good Luck ladies and happy planning!!!!!

#122 shannon26

shannon26
    • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hi Michelle, where in Cuba are you getting married? Were thinking possibly cuba too its just so hard to narrow it down

#123 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
      • 3,103 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be!
        anyone managed to book up their 2010 wedding yet? its getting to that time, and i can't contain my excitement! woo hoooo
        I am booked for Azul Sensatori for my May 8th 2010 wedding. I booked last month and secured my date with a down payment.

I was thinking of sending the STD's out May so they arrive to my guests exactly one year from our wedding.

Question, does anyone suggest when I should send out the invites? Or should I send out the STD's now and Invites 1yr in advance

Thanks for any suggestions

#124 Candice

Candice
        • 223 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hi Laides,
          I am a 2010 Bride too!! I am very excited as this day as been a long time coming..lol. We have not picked our spot yet, we are still looking. Looking forward to talking with your ladies and sharing ideas. :)
          50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#125 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
          • 1,634 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KittenHeart
            I am booked for Azul Sensatori for my May 8th 2010 wedding. I booked last month and secured my date with a down payment.

I was thinking of sending the STD's out May so they arrive to my guests exactly one year from our wedding.

Question, does anyone suggest when I should send out the invites? Or should I send out the STD's now and Invites 1yr in advance

We sent our stds out last week, giving people til the end of march to reply so we can start booking everyone at the ta - we want everyone on the same flight, so figure its best to get them all booked at once...also means more chance of a group discount at the ta's! lol

then nearer the time, we will send out invites to everyone who is booked up!

#126 Lucky_Girl

Lucky_Girl
            • 24 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

April 2010 for us :)

If everything goes according to plan, we'll be at Sandals Ocho Rios! (since the date is still far off, we're having some small problems getting prices, I really hope this gets figured out soon, I can't wait to send out our STD's)

#127 sherryl_joy

sherryl_joy
              • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hi, we're planning for Nov 2010, and it's looking like it will be the Riu Ocho Rios for us!

It's funny because all my family and friends are always saying that it's still too far away to plan anything but am I glad to have found this forum. I never knew there would be so much to plan already so early on.

#128 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
                • 247 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

We are bookd for June 26, 2010 at Dreams Tulum... and will send out STD next month

#129 BillysBride

BillysBride
                  • 1,255 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:56 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KittenHeart

I think most of the ladies here sent their STD's anywhere from 14-12 mos out, BUT the actual invites go out along the same timeline as a traditional wedding...2-4 months prior.

One great thing about doing it that way is that you have a better idea of whose actually planning to come and can pare down your invitation expenses by only sending them to those who are either undecided or coming for certain.
                    Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#130 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
                    • 247 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

How soon are you ladies contacting the WC at the resort? I have secured my date with my TA, do I also need to secure the date with the resort.. (are these two sepreate deposits?). My TA didnt mention anything about securing a date at the resort..

Thanks in advance ladies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users