Flat Irons / Hair Straighteners

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 loveangel0610

• 272 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

I also forgot to mention that another key to a great flat iron is to have great hair products to go along with it. A nice heat protecting product can also do the trick. I like to use Nexxus Heat Protexx Heat Protection Styling Spray 8.5 oz. or FHI Heat Hot Sauce. Hope this helps!!!

#22 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

I have hair that is really curly and for me I have to blow dry straight then takes hrs for the flatiron from the salon i used to go to get it straight. I got the maxxi glide thing and omg with dry curly hair it takes minutes instead of hrs.

#23 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

I have a CHI as well :) I bought mine on ebay for like.. $70 I think

#24 Kriswim

• 186 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:50 PM

I use a Paul Mitchell ceremic flat iron...they just came out with a new one...retails for about $150 or so i think - i couldn't live with out it!!!!!!!
          **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#25 syl1115

• 789 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

My daughter is a stylist and she got me a GHD for christmas. I think it was about $115.00 with her discount. I love it and I have very naturally curly hair.

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#26 MarieSam

• VIP Member
            • 2,336 posts
              • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

After burning the crap outta my hair with those cheap drugstore brand flat irons , I finally invested in a great flat iron about 4 years ago. I did a bunch of research and found that the best fit for me was the Sedu Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Iron ~ which is a combination of ceramic and tourmaline technology. It has been a Godsend for bad hair days and has kept my hair healthy and damage-free for all these years!

Here's the link on where I purchased it, although I've also seen it at ULTA stores and with one of their 20% coupons, that's an awesome deal!!!

Sedu Flat Iron

#27 ChristinaH

• 178 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

I've had my CHI for almost 6 years. Still works like a charm.

#28 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

I think ceramic is the best for your hair because it doesn't fry it as much. I have really curly hair and a CHI flatiron is the only one that really gets out all the kinks in my hair. My mom bought it a long time ago, and never used it. I was stoked when she just gave it to me. They can be a little pricey, but I would say that it's definitely worth it!

#29 luckygirl

• 339 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:59 PM

I have 2 chi flat irons, 1 paul mitchell flat iron (pretty much made by the company that makes the chi) and 1 HAI T3 tourmaline 2" wet/dry flat iron. My favorite is the HAI T3 tourmaline. Leaves my hair smoother and not as dry. Chi irons are good, but you need to buy it from a real salon or a store that will offer a 1 year warrenty. Chi irons are notorious for defects and when I worked for a distributor of Chi irons we had so many exchanges for Chi irons. In fact, there was a chi exchange program set up just for the irons. So, if the salon or store doesn't offer you a good warrenty, skip it. I say go for the T3, get a great carbon comb with teeth spaced close together (I use a rattail) so it doesn't pull your hair, use a heat protector product ( I love Goldwells Kerasilk) take sections of your hair and go for it. When I flat iron my hair from it's gianormous curly mass (my black and jewish heritage) you would never know that my hair is as thick as it is.

#30 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

I Had a CHI, but it broke..
                      So I bought a GHD from the UK on Ebay. They had it at my local beauty supply store but tehy want 350$ for it!!
                      I paid 100$ and it even came with an instructional DVD!

Official ghd â„¢ USA Website - ghdhair.com - dark or pure
                      Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                      Made it legal : June 30, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users