Originally Posted by Kate G
Just got married in May and have learned a lot through the process!
- I definitely agree with those that said people you thought would be there won't --- hardly any of my extended family came to my wedding and it was really hard. BUT I can honestly say on the day of the wedding, I wasn't thinking of any of them
- Don't expect things to go entirely smoothly the day of; they probably won't...but it's okay!
- Friendships might be challenged and you may feel that you aren't being made to feel as special for your wedding because a lot of people can't come, so they act like they don't care that much.
- SPRING FOR GOOD PHOTOGRAPHY. I can't stress enough how important this is. We hired a photographer from my home state and flew him to Mexico, but it was worth every penny. Same goes for video. The photographer and videographer gave us priceless works of art that we will have for the rest of our lives...we could have saved a lot using the vendors at the resort, but to us, it was so worth it to spring for the good stuff! Here's our wedding film: http://vimeo.com/70227492
- You will most likely have to hunt people down for their RSVPs!
Beautiful video Kate and congrats to you and the Mr on your gorgeous wedding. It was so heartfelt!
That's why we're springing for photography and video also....i definitely want to have beautiful memories of everything that weekend.