I had the craziest doctor appt...OMG!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 beachbride08

• VIP Member
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:05 PM

OMG! I can't believe a doctor would say that. There is a big catholic hospital organization here and the pharmacies in the hospitals will not fill bc pill prescriptions and the hopsitals will not perform tubal ligations or vasectomies because of the religion, but the doctors can still prescribe them.

#22 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Yari
      I was in shock and I was like oh okay. I really didn't know how to react.

It didn't hit me until I started to talk to my coworkers about it and they were floored.

The funny thing is I told my mom and she was so pissed off. AND she is totally Catholic.
      I totally know what you mean Yari...like you are stuck because you aren't really sure this is happening right now. I've done that before & later I get pissed. Totally delayed reaction.

#23 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

omg yari! that is so crazy. what a nutcase!

#24 Martha

• VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

Wow. What the heck? He is going to be losing a lot of business!

#25 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
        • 1,260 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

WOW...Everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs but s a Dr. you would think that he would know that women go on birth control pills for many reasons, aside from the baby blocking aspect. I can't believe he told you to go to confession though, that's just comical!
          See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#26 NotYourAverageDW

• 361 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

Baahahaa....I have an idea of what I'd say - and all I can say is "if I did say it, I really wouldend up in confessional!

#27 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

Wow! It's hard to believe some people are still pushing their beliefs on others like that.

#28 AnneW

• 127 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

I don't think doctors are allowed to do that. You should definitely look into reporting him to the Board - after you find another doctor!

#29 kpate79

• 107 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

That is crazy! He really needs to watch his advice b/c as a l&d nurse there are enough people having babies who shouldn't. He should support smart and educated people that want to wait until the time is right!

#30 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

Wow! That's hilarious! What a freak! I mean, it's fine if he believes all that, but not for him to have conversations like that in his workplace. Sounds like he needs a new career...

I think I would have been stunned too and just smiled and nodded.

Oh well. Whaddya do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users