Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#1721 faithers81

faithers81
  • Newbie
  • 93 posts

    Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:50 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LDeeken
    No we are getting married at the Del Mar on the 18th. I live up near Crystal Lake.
    I just have to say a quick hi! I live in the Chicago area as well and I am getting married at the Del Mar on the 27th! I am getting so excited and freaking out at the same time!

    #1722 finleys7

    finleys7
    • Member
    • 703 posts

      Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:47 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by faithers81
      I just have to say a quick hi! I live in the Chicago area as well and I am getting married at the Del Mar on the 27th! I am getting so excited and freaking out at the same time!
      Wow, 2 weeks away, you must be so excited. I can't wait for your review and pcitures. We LOVE details.

      Are you doing a private reception, picures, DJ and flowers at the resort? Or did you hire any outside vendors?

      a thanksgiving break wedding...that's awesome!
      Shannon

      YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
      Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

      #1723 LDeeken

      LDeeken
      • Jr. Member
      • 200 posts

        Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:32 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by faithers81
        I just have to say a quick hi! I live in the Chicago area as well and I am getting married at the Del Mar on the 27th! I am getting so excited and freaking out at the same time!

        Oh my gosh, your wedding is right around the corner!! I am so excited for you, and jealous that you get to leave the cold weather in Chicago!! Let us know how everything goes! Can't wait to see pictures!!

        #1724 faithers81

        faithers81
        • Newbie
        • 93 posts

          Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by finleys7
          Wow, 2 weeks away, you must be so excited. I can't wait for your review and pcitures. We LOVE details.

          Are you doing a private reception, picures, DJ and flowers at the resort? Or did you hire any outside vendors?

          a thanksgiving break wedding...that's awesome!
          We are having a private reception, pictures and a DJ. I am getting very excited and nervous at the same time! We went to the courthouse yesterday because we are not having a legal ceremony down there. we are not counting yesterday as our wedding anniversary, but it was still exciting!

          #1725 finleys7

          finleys7
          • Member
          • 703 posts

            Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by faithers81
            We are having a private reception, pictures and a DJ. I am getting very excited and nervous at the same time! We went to the courthouse yesterday because we are not having a legal ceremony down there. we are not counting yesterday as our wedding anniversary, but it was still exciting!
            I can't wait for the review. I am nervous about the resort DJ, because I heard he doesn't speak English and I still want to be announced in and the bridal party as well.

            Also some of the pictures I saw for the flowers were small but still pricey.
            Good luck to you and I can't wait for the review =)
            Shannon

            YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
            Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

            #1726 finleys7

            finleys7
            • Member
            • 703 posts

              Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

              Doing it legally at the resort??

              Hi ladies, I am getting a little nervous with the things needed now. I know I have time, but I am a planner ;-)

              PASSPORTS
              TOURIST CARDS ( which every foreigner obtains on the flight down to Mexico )
              BIRTH CERTIFICATES translated into Spanish by an official translator attached
              with an “Apostil”. (An official translator can be found at the yellow pages of your city)


              Is it necessary to have the BC's translated. And then what is the process when you get home Do you just mail in the paperwork from Mexico and submit it to our local court?
              Shannon

              YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
              Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

              #1727 LDeeken

              LDeeken
              • Jr. Member
              • 200 posts

                Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by faithers81
                We are having a private reception, pictures and a DJ. I am getting very excited and nervous at the same time! We went to the courthouse yesterday because we are not having a legal ceremony down there. we are not counting yesterday as our wedding anniversary, but it was still exciting!
                Congratulations on your legal wedding!

                #1728 amyrot

                amyrot
                • Jr. Member
                • 188 posts

                  Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:30 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by finleys7
                  Doing it legally at the resort??

                  Hi ladies, I am getting a little nervous with the things needed now. I know I have time, but I am a planner ;-)

                  PASSPORTS
                  TOURIST CARDS ( which every foreigner obtains on the flight down to Mexico )
                  BIRTH CERTIFICATES translated into Spanish by an official translator attached
                  with an “Apostil”. (An official translator can be found at the yellow pages of your city)


                  Is it necessary to have the BC's translated. And then what is the process when you get home Do you just mail in the paperwork from Mexico and submit it to our local court?

                  well one thing to not worry about is the tourist card since you just fill that out on the plane, so cross that off!
                  I'm nervous about getting the BC translated/Apostile, because I have not even started to do that yet. You actually contact a department within your state govt. for that. I know where my office is, I just have to go do it.

                  I also need a new passport and I have the paperwork and pic, I just have to mail it in.

                  You don't need to send anything to court. You can file your marriage lic. with the town hall I believe. I'm not even sure that thats necessary. Once you get your new Social security card(which you use your Marriage lic. to do so), then you just change everything over.

                  #1729 finleys7

                  finleys7
                  • Member
                  • 703 posts

                    Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

                    Amy you make it sound so easy, thanks ;-)

                    I have heard mixed reviews about the translation. Some brides said yes, some said no. I would rather be safe than sorry, but I would be annoyed if I go through the hassle.

                    I put an email in, if I heard back before you do about your date confirmation...I'll write a nasty email ;-)
                    Shannon

                    YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
                    Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

                    #1730 LDeeken

                    LDeeken
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 200 posts

                      Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

                      I had not heard that we needed our Birth Certificate translated. So we have to get that translated into Spanish before we go to Mexico?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users