noelynn,

Thanks so much! Sascha Gluck photographed our wedding and I couldn't be more thrilled with how the pictures have turned out so far, I highly recommend him! Here's the link to my teaser pic thread, enjoy! :)

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t38232

briscoecrown,

You're right, the convention centre is just beside the shopping plaza. It's pretty hard to miss the convention centre as it's a huge blue, red, and light yellow building. But yeah, its location is pretty central to all four of the resorts (well five if you count the Grand). I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
noelynn,

Thanks so much! Sascha Gluck photographed our wedding and I couldn't be more thrilled with how the pictures have turned out so far, I highly recommend him! Here's the link to my teaser pic thread, enjoy! :)

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t38232

briscoecrown,

You're right, the convention centre is just beside the shopping plaza. It's pretty hard to miss the convention centre as it's a huge blue, red, and light yellow building. But yeah, its location is pretty central to all four of the resorts (well five if you count the Grand). I hope this helps!
Thanks, I was in touch with them and their prices seem pretty reasonable. Why did you chose an outside vendor over the resort photographer? Does the resort really charge an extra $300 for an ouside vendor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelynn View Post
Thanks, I was in touch with them and their prices seem pretty reasonable. Why did you chose an outside vendor over the resort photographer? Does the resort really charge an extra $300 for an ouside vendor?
The prices are extremely reasonable compared to other wedding photographers in the area, I agree. I chose an outside vendor because I've seen several wedding pictures from other couples who used the photoshop and I wasn't happy with them, personally. I felt like the photoshop makes everyone who uses them do the same cheesy poses in the same locations of the resort. I didn't feel their style was creative enough or photojournalistic enough for me. Yes, they really do charge you an additional $300 USD to use an outside vendor. sad.gif I wasn't happy with that policy but it was still worth it to me. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindoBride2009 View Post
Michelle - did you have a final checklist at all? I thought I had everything under control, but I keep feeling like I'm going to forget to do something important!
I didn't really have a final checklist. I had a running checklist all throughout my planning. It just kept getting longer as we got closer to the big day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan's girl View Post
Michelle,

Where did you have your reception? Right now we are trying to decide whether to have our reception at either the convention centre or the shopping centre...any advice?

Thanks!

Kristin
We had our reception in the Los Vitrales room, and it worked out great. I think that room holds up to 40 so if you have more people one of the other locations may work out better for you. I didn't see how the shopping center was set up for a reception, but if you decide to do it there bring OFF or some kind of mosquito spray! It was fine on the wedding day since we were gone before the mosquitos came out, but during our rehearsal we were getting eaten alive. I didn't see the convention center in person either so I can't give you advice on that location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
The prices are extremely reasonable compared to other wedding photographers in the area, I agree. I chose an outside vendor because I've seen several wedding pictures from other couples who used the photoshop and I wasn't happy with them, personally. I felt like the photoshop makes everyone who uses them do the same cheesy poses in the same locations of the resort. I didn't feel their style was creative enough or photojournalistic enough for me. Yes, they really do charge you an additional $300 USD to use an outside vendor. sad.gif I wasn't happy with that policy but it was still worth it to me. Hope this helps!
I second that! I didn't like having to pay all the extra fees, but it was worth it to get the pictures I wanted. I just wish I had done the same for our video.

paraisobeachbride2009- Love your pictures! Did you use their salon for your hair? I really liked the way it turned out! How long did it take them to do it if you went with the resort's salon?

Hey girls, How is it I have barely any points on my standing here on BDW? I wanted to post a new thread, but can't since i dont have enought points? Need to vent and dont think this is the right area. Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandrun View Post
Hi LindoBrido 2009,
I am getting married at the Del Mar July 3, 2009. I can't wait. I just got my dress last week. How's your planning going?

I am getting married at the Lindo just 2 days after you! Neat! We will be there at the same time. yay!

jwalkowiak - Thanks so much! :) I did use the El Spa on the resort for my hair, which a lovely lady named Amy did, it took her about 45 minutes to an hour I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscoecrown View Post
Hey Kristin,

I'm actually contemplating the same thing. Right now I have 50 guests confirmed which is slightly over the amount for the Vitrales room (which I was told 40 is the max). So, I'm considering the convention center... & maybe even the lounge set-up (depending on cost, of course).

For some reason, I think the convention center is located near the shopping center. I didn't realize they were two separate options for the reception. I think the shopping center is only available for the cocktail party. I definitely need clarification.

If I remember correctly, Michelle had her reception in the Los Vitrales room.

Here is the information that Toni sent us regarding the two locations (convention center and the shopping centre)...

ABOUT THE CONVENTION CENTER:

Advantage is you do not have to worry about the weather.

In this case the bride orders for me a lounge decoration.

A external company that was the cheaper one

INCLUDES THE LOUNGE DECORATION,
LIGHTENING
DJ
EQUIPMENT FOR DANCING

THE PRICE WAS 1500US IT HAS TO BE PAY IN CASH

SHOPPING MALL CENTER:

Advantage it is located just in front of Galaxy discothèque.

If you like the idea of the lounge decoration it can be placed as well there, it looks so nice if not just you can handle the equipment for dancing , enclosed the options

We have decided to go with the convention centre and we will likey get the lounge set-up. As much as I think it would be so nice to have it outside, Toni hasn't sent us a picture of the actual reception set-up for the shopping center and I don't want to have to worry about the weather and mosquitos! We are waiting to hear how much the lounge set-up will cost without the DJ/equipment for dancing as we are bringing DJ Bob in to do our wedding. I'll make sure to let you know if we hear anything!

We had our reception in the Los Vitrales room, and it worked out great. I think that room holds up to 40 so if you have more people one of the other locations may work out better for you. I didn't see how the shopping center was set up for a reception, but if you decide to do it there bring OFF or some kind of mosquito spray! It was fine on the wedding day since we were gone before the mosquitos came out, but during our rehearsal we were getting eaten alive. I didn't see the convention center in person either so I can't give you advice on that location.

Thanks Michelle! We decided to just go the safe route and have it at the convention center! I don't want to have to worry about mosquitos!