Photo

Transfering logo onto OOT bag help.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

I know a lot of you ladies have been putting you logos onto you OOT bags. I love this idea, but i am not very crafty. could one of you please give me step by step instructions and what i need to buy to complete this task.
    Thank you in advance.
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:20 PM

You need bags (check out cheaptotes.com) and iron on transfer paper (you can get it at cheaptots.com or walmart or basically any craft store should have it).

Flip your logo so that it's mirror immage. Print it onto the transfer paper (don't use a lazor printer, it's too hot and will melt the paper).

Cut the image out of the paper leaving a little edge (try to round the corners).

And then follow the instructions from the package about how long to iron them.

Good luck!!!!
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#3 Amarillis

Amarillis
      • 1,913 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

One more tidbit of advice - push really hard with the iron - you can't over iron a transfer - in my experience the paper backing is easier to remove when it is a wee bit cooler - so let the project cool a little. (we did family reunion tees with the iron on paper!)

#4 Dez921714

Dez921714
        • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, what Amarillis said!

My instuctions said to use a surface below waist level so that you get good legerage and put a LOT of pressure. It said not to use an ironing board, but maybe a table or something with a towel over it.
          http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#5 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
          • 203 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

thank you for your help ladies.
            Live every day like the next will never come.

#6 FelicityEve

FelicityEve
            • 39 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

Here's what I think....
              I found the "transfer to dark" iron on transfers to be easy to work with, and the color was AWESOME! compared to the regular iron ons. With the "transfer to dark" iron-ons, you do NOT need to flip the image, but you do need to cut out your image without a border (I used cuticle scissors and they worked great, but my design was a seahorse with lots of little curves)

I used colorful canvas bags i found at the craft store and the iron on transfers in the same aisle....Good luck!

#7 scoutley

scoutley
              • 108 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

I posted this question somewhere else before I found this thread! Has anyone done a light coloured transfer onto a dark coloured bag? Should I even bother trying this? How hard do you think it would be?
                http://i634.photobuc....3009_174-1.jpg
                What a PERFECT day it was ...

#8 msasfraz

msasfraz
                • 392 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

remember not to leave the iron simply sitting on the transfer and canvas bag... i ruined one back where the iron imprint was shown for overheating...

#9 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:48 AM

Another piece of advice - make sure your bags are cotton. If they are some sort of synthetic, they may melt with the heat required for the transfer.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users