Photo

Disco Renters...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Destination08

Destination08
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

Did you provide your own music for the DJ to make sure that you get to hear what you would like? Or Does the DJ play some excellent things?

#2 steph_held03

steph_held03
    • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

From everything I read you should probably bring your own music. I hear they play a lot of old country music. I am putting together a couple of mixed c.d.'s to bring just incase. When I contact the WC she said that I couldn't guarentee the disco till arival. Were you able to do so ahead of time?

#3 Danniellou

Danniellou
      • 815 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:18 AM

From the reiviews I have read, it seems that he plays your music for your first dance, bridal dance, etc. But when it comes to the other music, he plays his stuff and you can make requests.

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Destination08
          Did you provide your own music for the DJ to make sure that you get to hear what you would like? Or Does the DJ play some excellent things?
          You can definitely provide your own music, especially for the 1st dance/bridal dance! Just give the DJ your discs & he will play your music mixed in with his. If you find him getting a little corny, then just send someone up to him & ask him to play something else!

#5 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

At the Riu Ocho Rios, we brought our own burned CDs and gave him a little playlist with the first songs we wanted to hear, and other songs we would LIKE to hear. He did an excellent job with sensing what the crowd wanted to hear and playing the right tempo songs at the right time.
            They have modern top hits music, especially the hip-hop/dance/R&B stuff. We had a blast!
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#6 Destination08

Destination08
            • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

Thank you all!
              And for the question asked before - I was able to secure the Disco already and my wedding isn't till December.

#7 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

I let him play whatever except for the 1st dance and he was fine. The guy was a real DJ so he had everything.
                See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#8 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                • 802 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

Our dj played nothing but soca and reggae. I had to go to him several times during the night to request that he mix it up some. To be on the safe side, I would bring a playlist or some back-up music!

#9 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Has anyone gone to the rent the disco for 2009??
                    The email I received from chandlyn is as follows

"As per your query should you book the disco and decide to cancel this can be done at our meeting when you get to the resort. The cost for next year i uS250 per hour."

Holy Crap!! 250 per hour?

#10 cecebecka

cecebecka
                    • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

Should we burn CD's or can the DJ use our I POD?
                      For the poolside reception the DJ is $150/hr but $15 pp...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users