Photo

Who is watching the Olympics?...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 Angel

Angel
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

My FI catches some of it before we go to bed. I've watched some swimming and beach volleyball. I like watching the basketball.

#12 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:16 AM

Ive been watching it a bit but every time I watch its always volleyball.lol I really want to watch the gymnastics and diving but I dont know when theyre on!

#13 royfa

royfa
      • 2,201 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:24 AM

I really enjoy watching the diving, swimming and the beach volleyball! I think the gymnastic is pretty neat too but everytime I watch I'm afraid they will fall...
        Fannie & Pierre

#14 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

You can get a listings guide here:
          2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games | TV & Online Listings | Viewing Schedule | NBC Olympics

#15 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

I hate that everything is on so late. By 11pm, my eyes are starting to shut and I am forcing them open. LOL!

I love me some Olympics.

#16 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:32 AM

I love love the Olympics. I've been reminding fi all summer that the olympics are this year. Now i have him into it too.

I've been taping it because i fall asleep everynight, it's on so late. I really like the swimming, gymnastics, diving, baseball, & volleyball. But i'll watch anything when it's on, i got into water polo this year. It's neat watching all the different sports. The only sport i really don't like is boxing, it's not too bad because they have head gear but i just hate watching them beat each other up.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#17 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

I mostly like gymnastics, diving, and swimming. And rowing because a guy I know from high school is on our rowing team! I watched it last night and it was so weird to see someone you know on there.

Remember the Magnificent 7 or whatever they were called, from Atlanta in 1996? That was the best Olympic gymnastics I've ever seen!

#18 Infinity22

Infinity22
                • 1,520 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

I don't see how you couldn't be watching them with how ironic and historical they're becoming!

#19 JessicaM

JessicaM
                  • Vendor
                  • 1,969 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE watching them. I love watching the beach volleyball and the swimming!! Its such late nights though that I am paying the price in the morning though!!

#20 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Yari
                      Did anyone watch the relay last night? It was amazing. It got me out of bed cheering.
                      Yari- that was a fantastic race. Steve fell asleep and I kept beating him while yelling at the tv. I could not believe that comeback. I was sooo scared they would lose after all that Frenchy trash talk. Whew!
                      I am! Can't wait for track & field this weekend!
                      LOVE track & field. I can't wait for it to start up too!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lauren
                      i loved the gymnastics in 2004 (2000?) b/c of that blake kid...he was SO hot.
                      Yes he was.
                      I hate that everything is on so late. By 11pm, my eyes are starting to shut and I am forcing them open. LOL!
                      THat's the WORST part. Every other Olympics I was in school so I didn't have the typical 5 day work week. I used to be able to lounge around all day and watch the Olympics. I'm so sad I miss some, but I'm glad most of the big events are prime time viewing. Now if only I can keep my eyes open.....

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by *Heather*
                      Remember the Magnificent 7 or whatever they were called, from Atlanta in 1996? That was the best Olympic gymnastics I've ever seen!
                      They were a great team. I LOVED Dominique Moceanu. Such a little spark plug. However, I can't get over that whole Kerri Strug thing. I hated her then and I still hate her. LOL I'm sorry, but that whole limping with a hurt ankle thing really pissed me off. I know so many athletes who play injured and the adrenaline totally takes you through the pain. I can't imagine what the adrenaline would be like doing a vault for an Olympic gold, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have felt much pain. PLUS I'm pretty sure NO athlete would walk away from an chance to make history because of a sprained ankle so I guess I didn't see what she did was so special (in regards of her sucking it up- not the landing a perfect vault.) Gosh I'm still ranting about her.....LOL
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users