Photo

Where did you buy your veil?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

I have been considering making my veil since bridal salons want over $100. I am looking for a 1T ivory cathedral veil with cut edge so really simple. I have seen some sights on ebay and I was wondering where did everyone get their veil?
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#2 Shay2679

Shay2679
    • 493 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jkcz0702
      I have been considering making my veil since bridal salons want over $100. I am looking for a 1T ivory cathedral veil with cut edge so really simple. I have seen some sights on ebay and I was wondering where did everyone get their veil?
      Wow...$100 seems really reasonable to me now, since my salon wants at least $500...good grief.

I'll probably get mine made here:

OccanseyDesigns Custom Wedding Veils - OBridal.com

It comes highly recommended.

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

I got mine at Occansey. They are wonderful to work with and it was soooo cheap! Mine was 60" with an edging of crystals for like $40 (maybe less- I can't remember now!) Definintely look into it!
        Happily married since 2008

#4 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

I bought mine at the bridal store.... hmm wishing I would have shopped around a little!

#5 Shay2679

Shay2679
          • 493 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
            I got mine at Occansey. They are wonderful to work with and it was soooo cheap! Mine was 60" with an edging of crystals for like $40 (maybe less- I can't remember now!) Definintely look into it!
            See...I told you it came HIGHLY recommended!

#6 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

I would agree that $100 seems very reasonable. Mine was $150 from David's bridal and is a short one.

#7 Copita

Copita
              • 979 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

Ebay. It was $20 with a shimmer color that matched my dress EXACTLY and Swarovski crystals.

I absolutely ADORE it. :)

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

It does seam reasonable compared to other prices I have seen but I can make it for about $30, so I thought if I could find one cheaper that would be one less thing on my list as it keeps growing!!
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

I was actually going to make mine as well, but had my seamstress make it. I totally advise that!

I bought like 3 yards of fabric, 108" wide, cuz I wanted a cathedral length (108"), but I never got around to making mine, so on one of my fittings, I asked me seamstress and she charged me $25! What a steal!

To clarify, I had already bought the fabric from Joann's, so the $25 was her fee for making it. I think you could totally make it yourself though, I just ran out of time.

#10 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:12 PM

I bought mine at the bridal salon - and think I paid too much $180 - I think so, because I have seen similar ones on ebay for $20ish - yeh...

I suck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users