unsuccessful dress hunt ! :(

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

I know it's been said a thousand times, but when you put it on, you'll know. I had 2 days to find mine in Dallas before I had to leave to go back to New York. I found the one I fell in love with at the first store, but kept looking just because I didn't want to trust that there was something else out there that I wouldn't love more. I would put on a dress, and my mom would tell me she loved it, but then I would say that I wasn't thrilled with this or that dress after dress. After going to the other two stores, I went back to the 1st one on my way to the airport to try it on again. There wasn't even a question in my mind that it was "IT". NEVER SETTLE! This is your wedding dress, and you should love everything about it. I would just say to be patient, and keep trying. It's bound to happen.

#12 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:18 AM

I went to 5 differnt stores, on probably 6-7 occasions, some more than once.

I think you are fine to casually look. Make it a fun day with your mom or MOH or someone. WHen you put pressure on yourself, it make the decision harder.

I never got "the dress" feeling. I loved my dress and it looked really good on my body, but I don't know that it was "the one". Too late now! LOL

I think there were a lot of factors that went into that. I didn't want to spend over $500 on my dress. Mine ended up being double. I'm not happy with my chubbiness, so I don't really like anything I wear. My DH and I have totally different taste so I wanted something to appease both of us. I didn't order my dress until the end of January, so I was pressured because I HAD to pick one that day to get it in.

You have plenty of time! Your tastes could change in a year! You don't know when inspiration will strike. Just give yourself 6 months to be sure it arrives on time!

One thing I really liked about my dress was that I had chosen the BM dresses and my dress had the same bodice as theirs and it really tied everything together.

#13 Jacqueline

• VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

It's ok, just drink the wine and you'll feel better soon ;o) I went to two stores- the first one I tried on so many diff style dresses and I though they were all gorgeous, I didn't love them. I felt the same way you did, like I'd never find it. The second store I went to there were so many I loved but after being there for a while, I narrowed it down to this one I loved. I waited about a week before I jump on it, went again and totally loved it so thats the one I got. Don't get discouraged. Next time you go dress shopping, go with a positive attitude, and be patient, you'll find it, trust me. Maybe hold off alil and try again later, you have plenty of time. The reason I have mine (I kinda feel like its early to have mine) is b/c I was originally going to get married this Sept so I kinda started sooner, and than decided to push it back. Good luck next time you decide to go ;o)

#14 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:25 AM

i would wait until next Spring / Summer to start looking - styles change, new ones come out -you have so much time if you get a dress now you will probably change your mind 400 times anyway!

#15 loveangel0610

• 272 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

I agree with the other ladies to wait a while and look again. I'm also a 2010 bride and I want to go dress shopping so bad but I know myself and I will change my mind. So maybe for now you could gather up some ideas of what you like and in a couple months try again.

#16 Davematthews16

• Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

TIMING Is everything! You will find the perfect dress at the perfect time. Plus, your taste may change in a few months, and you may end up picking something completely different than you would now. :) Don't stress!

#17 aimee!

• 696 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:35 PM

whew, thanks ladies!

feeling better already. :)
                Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#18 aimee!

• 696 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:36 PM

YAAY! & i was just promoted to "member" with that post.

friday afternoon is getting better and better.
                  Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#19 tvt

• VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Don't worry, you will find it. I went to, hmmm.... probably 8-10 dress places, some of them 2 or 3 times. And tried on at least 50 + dresses.

I felt the exact same way you did. Totally defeated and unsure of every dress I tried on. I had decided I wasn't one of those people that would the the omg-this-is-the-one feeling.

I was wrong. I just hadn't found my dress yet. I knew the second I tried on my dress, that it was my dress.

Don't get discouraged. Just keep looking, you'll find it! Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users