Photo

unsuccessful dress hunt ! :(

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 aimee!

aimee!
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

well i just got home from my 3rd bridal salon. i didn't have much luck tonight and i'm discouraged! i feel like i may never find my dress.

how many dresses did you ladies try on before you found the one?

and then i'm nervous that if i do pick something out that by the time the wedding gets here i won't like it anymore. i just don't want to settle! the problem really is that i have NO idea what i want in a dress. i like them all, but i don't LOVE any of them. i can always find something about it that i don't like. what a bummer!

okay enough of this. sorry for being such a wimp about it.

...back to my glass of wine!
    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#2 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

You have PLENTY of time to find the perfect dress. Dont stree about it. You will find it when you least expect to.
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#3 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

You have PLENTY of time to find the perfect dress. Dont stree about it. You will find it when you least expect to.
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 Angel

Angel
        • 2,635 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

I only went to 1 and I got discouraged and that was a couple months back and never went to one again. I knew what I wanted and how I wanted it to look but it was just finding the right one. I actually found my dress at Filene's Running of the Brides last friday in DC. Don't get discouraged, you have plenty of time to find the right one. But believe me, when you try on "THE ONE" you will know.

#5 meagan

meagan
          • 133 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

Dont worry! People always say when you find it...you'll know! It'll happen, just keep moving along.

I found "The Knot" magazine really helpful in finding dresses and designers I like. Its alphabetized by designers and even groups a little by price range. I thought the knot was better than the others for dresses.

Good luck!

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:03 PM

I think you should wait a bit anyway. You never know where life will take you in a year and a half..... You have plenty of time to find the right one. Don't rush it :) Enjoy it

#7 sunset78

sunset78
              • 1,280 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

I haven't really even started looking yet. You have lots of time... don't stress it yet. :)

I'm thinking I might want to go to the Bridal Expo in Edmonton in Sept... maybe... lol

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

You have a lot of time. I went to 6 stores before I even found 1 dress I liked but then at the 7th store I found the dress I love!!!Just take your time and keep a open mind.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 Banana11

Banana11
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,841 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:09 AM

I would wait a while because you have so much time still. You may find a good one and have a different opinion of it in a year and a half.

#10 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

I tried on about 30 dresses and i think i liked 2 out of the 30. Of course one I loved, which is the one i picked. Your wedding is so far from now I would wait a little bit to look again. Don't put a lot of pressure on yourself, you'll find your dress. It's like kissing some frogs before you find your prince. lol
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users